+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi guys i have a question, what we should expect after passing eligibility?and how long after passing eligibility we will hear from them?
After eligibility your security will start (some time starts before but it's rare) the security timeframe dependent on your case, therefore, everyone is different, it starts from 1 week to 2 years and the average 1-2 months. after you pass everything you will get a DM then COPR then a PR CARD.

Eligibility & Criminality (AIP) => Security => DM => COPR => PR CARD

salacn

Dec 24, 2020
Can someone help explaining the confusion of the progress bar being 100%, and that no action is taken after estimated completion date?
I'm also not sure what should I do next, I sent them a message to ask and the response was that "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process, Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only"!

- We received your application for permanent residence on March 18, 2019.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 1, 2019.
- We started processing your application on May 31, 2019.
- Medical results have been received.
- We sent you medical instructions on June 24, 2019.
- We sent you correspondence on October 1, 2019. (Fingerprint, PCC)
- Review of medical results - November 13, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
- We sent you correspondence on November 17, 2020. (Travel History)
- Progress bar: 100% complete - Estimated completion date: November 18,2020
- Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
- Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

- Current status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Your application is taking us longer than usual to process. About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

Is there any common issues that may cause this timeline?

btw, for Fingerprint and PCC, I got the request to provide for myself but not for my wife, although she is with me and the application include her!

Thanks

Reactions: luckyrefugee

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Can someone help explaining the confusion of the progress bar being 100%, and that no action is taken after estimated completion date?
I'm also not sure what should I do next, I sent them a message to ask and the response was that "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process, Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only"!

- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 1, 2019.
- Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
- Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

- Current status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Your application is taking us longer than usual to process. About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

btw, for Fingerprint and PCC, I got the request to provide for myself but not for my wife, although she is with me and the application include her!

Thanks
When they asked for your travel history it means they are working on your security and you can't do anything just wait till you pass the security then you will get the DM

If you want to know more information about your application order GCMS notes

SaintNorth

Dec 24, 2020

Thanks
I am on the same boat with you . Just that we have a month difference in our timeline. via the client application web, it says decision made, but when you click no specific message outside the usual guide.
The nos of time I have called IRCC contact centre, their responses have always been everything is now set, but wait for either email from Missasauga or paper mail.
What do I do ? Any one with possible clue as this has been the trend since Nov 16th, 2020.
Security, medical, eligibility, etc..... all passed on ghost mode, made to know about it via contact centre.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I am on the same boat with you . Just that we have a month difference in our timeline. via the client application web, it says decision made, but when you click no specific message outside the usual guide.
The nos of time I have called IRCC contact centre, their responses have always been everything is now set, but wait for either email from Missasauga or paper mail.
What do I do ? Any one with possible clue as this has been the trend since Nov 16th, 2020.
Security, medical, eligibility, etc..... all passed on ghost mode, made to know about it via contact centre.
you do nothing. you wait on email or paper mail like many of us are currently doing.

Reactions: Armaani

SaintNorth

Dec 24, 2020
you do nothing. you wait on email or paper mail like many of us are currently doing.
Thanks for your prompt response. Please, the fact that I can only see medical passed via my online account is the reason I am worried, but is it same with yours ?

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thanks for your prompt response. Please, the fact that I can only see medical passed via my online account is the reason I am worried, but is it same with yours ?
no but it's normal i'm waiting on eCOPR. Nothing on my online account has been updated so stopped checking it. it's been a month

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
My situation is exactly the same as yours but with different dates. My status says decision made but no Approval letter has been sent yet. I believe the appointed officer just need to get back to our files and transfer them to the local IRCC office for the finalization.

Nothing to worry about though, we just have to be patient and let’s start freaking out once we reach the 24 months period (that’s what I’m planning to do lol)

Reactions: Armaani

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021

Thanks
Wish the new year comes with some good news for you. Between the PCC asked only from you means your wife didn’t spend more then 6 months in other country apart from ur country of citizenship. That’s why I guess

Reactions: M.Z

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Officer requested that i refill schedule A, per the letter i can send it through the inquiry form so i did, any idea how long it should approx take to get to him? Also should i expect the status on the application to change once he did? Right now it says «your action is required »

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Officer requested that i refill schedule A, per the letter i can send it through the inquiry form so i did, any idea how long it should approx take to get to him? Also should i expect the status on the application to change once he did? Right now it says «your action is required »
My friend received his CoPR already and it still says “your action is required”. They don’t update their website frequently so I wouldn’t worry if I were you.

However, You should receive a confirmation email within a week or two stating that they have received the additional document.

Reactions: Ghess23

Nazia25

Nov 24, 2020
Me n my family travelled few countries in last 10 years. But never stayed for even 1 month.then will they not ask me for pcc? In addition,I didn’t travel anywhere after coming in canada.then will they ask me for travel history?

Reactions: saidur and Armaani