+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Congratulations, I have a question as a spouse of protected person is it mandatory to submit police certificates to VO for overseas dependent?
I was asked to submit my Police Certificate and my spouse from Canada. My spouse is overseas dependent. Did you submit his forms along with yours?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Do we know what's the process of a March 2019 applicant who got online status as Decision Made (last month) but no other letters since. I was asked these but not sure what's the next stage. Assuming there should be CoPR but not sure what would happen during Covid?

Reactions: Capricorn99
Dec 13, 2017
Do we know what's the process of a March 2019 applicant who got online status as Decision Made (last month) but no other letters since. I was asked these but not sure what's the next stage. Assuming there should be CoPR but not sure what would happen during Covid?
I m also same situation . Online status say decision made since November. Then still no ubdate. Or no copr .

Reactions: Armaani

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
you could be in the old process or you could be in the new process. some people who got their Dm in early november and earlier got their COPR by mail. the rest of us who got a DM late november has been getting the portal request. It may also depend on the office I have seen that mostly Etobicoke is sending the portal option.

Last edited:

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys
If my wife was working for government in home country this is make our application take so long as I got eligibility letter on dec 2 2020 and no update till now and when I called the ircc the agent told me my security in process
Thanks

Reactions: adbcca

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
Hi everyone I am new at this forum. I am 1 March 2019 applicant. My time line is as follows
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2019.​
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 17, 2019.​
  3. We started processing your application on May 16, 2019.​
  4. Medical results have been received.​
  5. We sent you medical instructions on September 16, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.​
No update after that. Because of lawyer my application is not linked with my online account. I called many times at help line but they don’t have any new information. Yesterday I called the agent told me that your medical is passed but expired and your security is passed. Criminality in process and your eligibility is not started yet.
My question is why my security is passed before criminality. Usually criminality first and after security.

Last edited:

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Hi guys
If my wife was working for government in home country this is make our application take so long as I got eligibility letter on dec 2 2020 and no update till now and when I called the ircc the agent told me my security in process
Thanks
How do you know it? Did they tell you it is because of your wife application that is delayed?

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi everyone I am new at this forum. I am 1 March 2019 applicant. My time line is as follows
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2019.​
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 17, 2019.​
  3. We started processing your application on May 16, 2019.​
  4. Medical results have been received.​
  5. We sent you medical instructions on September 16, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.​
No update after that. Because of lawyer my application is not linked with my online account. I called many times at help line but they don’t have any new information. Yesterday I called the agent told me that your medical is passed but expired and your security is passed. Criminality in process and your eligibility is not started yet.
My question is why my security is passed before criminality. Usually criminality first and after security.

You will pass the eligibility when you pass the criminality on the same day, Yes usually security starts after you pass the eligibility.
regarding the criminality did they ask for PCC? or you have a criminal record ?

Reactions: Fadros

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
You will pass the eligibility when you pass the criminality on the same day, Yes usually security starts after you pass the eligibility.
regarding the criminality did they ask for PCC? or you have a criminal record ?
Thank you so much for the answer. No I don’t have any criminal record and neither they asked for PCC.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Thank you so much for the answer. No I don’t have any criminal record and neither they asked for PCC.
have you spent more than 6 months in any country(except your home country )? if so they might ask for PCC

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Although I have extensive travel history But I never lived in any country more than six months.
In my case I had extensive travel history more than 23 countries and never been more than 4 months but IRCC asked me to provide FBI as well as RCMP Finger print report and I have provided last March 2020

Reactions: M.Z

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
I was asked to submit my Police Certificate and my spouse from Canada. My spouse is overseas dependent. Did you submit his forms along with yours?
Today I have sent native country PCC to VO Singapore for my overseas dependent spouse