+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Hi IRCC team,

While you’re processing currently PR applications from January to April 2019 can any one explain to me why my application is taking that long to be finalized?!

It’s too much frustrating to me and my overseas dependent to wait with no time limits and for reason we don’t either know!

I am wondering what it will takes from you to at least giving me a time or a reasonable facts about my application delays for over than 6 months after the 20 months of time due, COVID19 is not the reason and we both pretty sure about that, and I really don’t know how to complain or who to raise my voice up to be heard from you,

The all I want is to know why? Why should me I my family suffering more time of separation, that’s not fair at all, that’s injustice and violation to human rights which unexpected and unacceptable at all,

October 2018 Applicant,
Thanks
Call IRCC and ask ur file status. I got Dm I 24 th month. I got this after 8 years in Canada. Every IRCC department takes their own unfair time .still waiting for my dependent

• Wow
Reactions: MIDO2023

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi IRCC team,

While you’re processing currently PR applications from January to April 2019 can any one explain to me why my application is taking that long to be finalized?!

It’s too much frustrating to me and my overseas dependent to wait with no time limits and for reason we don’t either know!

I am wondering what it will takes from you to at least giving me a time or a reasonable facts about my application delays for over than 6 months after the 20 months of time due, COVID19 is not the reason and we both pretty sure about that, and I really don’t know how to complain or who to raise my voice up to be heard from you,

The all I want is to know why? Why should me I my family suffering more time of separation, that’s not fair at all, that’s injustice and violation to human rights which unexpected and unacceptable at all,

October 2018 Applicant,
Thanks
that's so frustrating I'm very sorry to you and I hope your case to be resolved soon, have you ordered GCMS notes?
probably your file stuck in the background check

Reactions: PrinceH

Refugee212

Aug 26, 2020
Hi IRCC team,

October 2018 Applicant,
Thanks
I'm March 2018 still waiting

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
i am an In-Canada PR applicant as a protected person. i submitted my PR Application 19/11/2019 then i got a letter in December 13,2019 that says ''This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration,Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 19/11/2019''.

Since then, i haven't heard anything. is anyone in this similar situation? Thanks
we are in the same situation, until now there is no news

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Really Iam very sad &sorry to see many peoples on June &July & oct didn't get any thing till now really its too much , They didn't feel with us or how our families suffering , they have same word ( not worry your file processing , depend on officer , due to Covid -19) they need slaves only to work hard & pay tax , then said we need more immigrants for next three years (land of fear & tricky ) its bull shit jobs& no one can evaluate them or make complain , you should wait till judge say its ok for you , animals better than us

Last edited:

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
the SS(security screening) depends on your nationality and the ability to validate your information, some nationalities hard for them and it takes time
Thanks for the explanation and I am sure Afghanistan is one of those complicated nationalities for them to track security :-(.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
I never understood what is the difference between these two.
I think they are all connected to each other
the process is: IRCC (Short lists candidates for SS) - CBSA (Forwards request to CSIS) - CSIS (Does the checks and then send the report back to CBSA) - CBSA ( Based on CSIS report, conducts further review, once done send final report to IRCC) - IRCC (Review and closing)