+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
Hi friends, got DM

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
November 23, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
November 22, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
We have received the additional documents you provided.
InterviewHelp - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
November 22, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
November 23, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Congatulations! when did you apply?

Reactions: maedow

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi friends, got DM

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
November 23, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
November 22, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
We have received the additional documents you provided.
InterviewHelp - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
November 22, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
November 23, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Congratulations!

Reactions: maedow

Ngarii

Nov 19, 2020
Update: I called cic today and they told me that the reason my application showed DECISION MADE was because they received my police clearance certificate that I did last week Thursday but they didn't update it yet on my gckey account and she said they only update the gckey once a week, I'm like Wow that was really fast. Cause I remember some here said it's gonna take about a week or two for them to receive the policefingerprinting. . The lady I spoke to told me to wait for the decision letter. I'm so happy. Does anyone know how long before I'll receive the letter and what's next after that?.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Olaide81

Jul 8, 2018
Please i need some clarification. i submitted a PR application as a protected person here in Canada. i also filed for my wife and 2 daughters who still reside abroad. i received a letter from immigration today asking for my criminal record check based on fingerprints which i will do here in Canada by myself. But i also got a separate letter from immigration for my wife where shes asked to submit biometrics fees payment receipt. so my question is that, is she gonna pay just for herself and exclude my 2 daughters ( aged 11 and 9) or shes gonna pay for herself and the kids? Thanks

serkan06

Apr 20, 2020
When I check here I see only "permanent resudent application status: application received. After 12 months there is no updete. Where can I find something like 61% you have ? thank you
Fist go your account and follow this section '' Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online.'' If the started in process your application the you will see your
When I check here I see only "permanent resudent application status: application received. After 12 months there is no updete. Where can I find something like 61% you have ? thank you
Fist go your account and follow this section '' Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online.'' If the started in process your application the you will see your timebar like this,
Estimated remaining processing time: 8 Month(s)
Help - Processing time
Application received
61% complete
Estimated completion date *

November 18, 2019

Estimated completion date: July 18, 2021

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Update: I called cic today and they told me that the reason my application showed DECISION MADE was because they received my police clearance certificate that I did last week Thursday but they didn't update it yet on my gckey account and she said they only update the gckey once a week, I'm like Wow that was really fast. Cause I remember some here said it's gonna take about a week or two for them to receive the policefingerprinting. . The lady I spoke to told me to wait for the decision letter. I'm so happy. Does anyone know how long before I'll receive the letter and what's next after that?.
Congratulations , yes for me it took them 2 weeks

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
how did you get in touch with them? i tried calling them on 1-888-242-2100 several times but i wasnt able to talk to an agent, is it the same number u used to call them?

Ngarii

Nov 19, 2020
how did you get in touch with them? i tried calling them on 1-888-242-2100 several times but i wasnt able to talk to an agent, is it the same number u used to call them?
I called the same phone but yeah you have to call couple times before you'll be able to get through, seems like they are getting a lot of calls lately. My advise is you either call them very early in the morning say around 8:30 to 9 or call them after 4:30. I usually called around 5 that's when it usually go through.

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
Fist go your account and follow this section '' Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online.'' If the started in process your application the you will see your

Fist go your account and follow this section '' Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online.'' If the started in process your application the you will see your timebar like this,
Estimated remaining processing time: 8 Month(s)
Help - Processing time
Application received
61% complete
Estimated completion date *

November 18, 2019

Estimated completion date: July 18, 2021
Thank you for your assistance, I will let you know the results when I will be able to link my application

Reactions: serkan06

mmresende

Aug 3, 2020
Hi friends today I received this letter from CIC, but know I need the contact from Immigration . Anyone know now around how many days, weeks or months for finalize this process. Thank you for any advice or answer. God bless all. I applied lDecember 18, 2018.

Dear
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in London will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application.

It has also been determined that the following family members in Canada that were included in your application meet the eligibility requirements:

(wife’s name and daughter names)

Reactions: saidur