+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Nov 18, 2020
I hope someone can help me. Does anyone know how long it will take to bring my family to Canada after I've been accepted as a protected person or a refugee? Can my family come to Canada once I become a protected person or refugee or is it absolutely necessary to have the PR? The family that I'm talking about are my dependants and I will put them as so in my BOC form. Thank you!

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Please help

I got an email, my dependants to provide a Medical test. but IME code is not active or wrong for my kid.

Our overseas VO office is Ankara. should I call Immigration or check with Ankara VO?

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
I hope someone can help me. Does anyone know how long it will take to bring my family to Canada after I've been accepted as a protected person or a refugee? Can my family come to Canada once I become a protected person or refugee or is it absolutely necessary to have the PR? The family that I'm talking about are my dependants and I will put them as so in my BOC form. Thank you!
After becoming a refugee you will have to apply for the PR and it takes approximately 2 years, following another year for ur dependents to come. Since theyre now processing concurrently PR and overseas dependents it will likely take less time Its absolutely necessary for you to be a PR and thats when they can come to canada

good luck for the long journey

naimabed

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi guys..
Can anyone explain to me what's going on .. I raised webform to visa office two times and
the first reply was on September as following:

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.
We would like to assure you that your case is in active process. We need to await the results of some mandatory checks before your application for resettlement can be approved and a visa issued to you.

We will advise you of any other requirements, but we are NOT able to respond to requests for information on the routine progress of your application.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

=========================
and the second reply was today as following:

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.
We would like to assure you that your case is in active process. We need to await the results of some mandatory checks before your application for resettlement can be approved and a visa issued to you.

We hope this information will be of assistance.
=========================
Can anyone please explain to me why have they removed this Paragraph today "We will advise you of any other requirements .."??.
Thank you in advance ..

Ngarii

Nov 19, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. I'm April 2019 applicant. I just received a letter from the immigration that my application has been completed and London office will contact me regarding the finalization of my pr. I passed the medical exam last week. I'm single. Does anyone knows what's next after this and when will I finally get my pr card? Thanks

nurse_giz

Star Member
Oct 17, 2020
hello guys, it has been 15 days I got the approval letter, since then no update or and COPR
isn't it strange. what should I do ?

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. I'm April 2019 applicant. I just received a letter from the immigration that my application has been completed and London office will contact me regarding the finalization of my pr. I passed the medical exam last week. I'm single. Does anyone knows what's next after this and when will I finally get my pr card? Thanks
Congratulation! you will receive COPR then you have to mail your photo to get the PR card.
I'm a 2 April 2019 applicant but in the Montreal office, can I ask you what day exactly you have applied?

Reactions: Ex ツ

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
hello guys, it has been 15 days I got the approval letter, since then no update or and COPR
isn't it strange. what should I do ?
Yes, a lot of people waiting after AIP one of my friend he is a FEB 2019 applicant and he got his AIP but still waiting