+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
Hi fellow forum members
I am an early Jan 2019 applicant.
On sept 17 my medical got renewed on my CIC account and the next day I got free pre arrival services letter. I called IRCC the next week after that and they advised me that Eligibility Criminality Security & Background check everything has been passed and just waiting for the final decision to be made.
No update since Sep 18th.
Anyone any thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
The same happened with me on Sep 25th, still waiting

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Please I want to know if Canada has open their border and if someone from Nigeria can travel to Canada at the moment.

Because I overheard one agent telling his client from Nigeria that if he is ready to travel that they can book flight for him now in other to travel by November.
You can travel.
My cousin's mum arrived for a visit from Nigeria less than 2 weeks ago with British Airways.
But now that the second wave of COVID19 had started, you should contact immigration to validate possible entry.

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Please how can someone verify his soft copy visa sent to him by his agent.

His agent is seriously disturbing him for payment of his visa but my friend want to verify the visa before making further payment
For 100% assurance, call immigration and let them verify with the UCI number on the visa page.

• Love
Reactions: Ranolive

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hi Friends, I am in a confusing situation. I working full time, permanent job at the moment. My work permit expires in the end of November. I applied for work permit early September but it still shows submitted, not even under process. If I don't get my work permit by the end of Nov, I need to stop working. Any advice as how long it has taken for work permit renewal for other people? I am a Feb '19 PR applicant by the way.

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi Friends, I am in a confusing situation. I working full time, permanent job at the moment. My work permit expires in the end of November. I applied for work permit early September but it still shows submitted, not even under process. If I don't get my work permit by the end of Nov, I need to stop working. Any advice as how long it has taken for work permit renewal for other people? I am a Feb '19 PR applicant by the way.
I am in the same situation. My permit expires soon and I lost my job recently due to covid. When I applied for EI they said I am entitled to payments for 6 months but they will only give me 1 month until the validity of my work permit.

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
I am in the same situation. My permit expires soon and I lost my job recently due to covid. When I applied for EI they said I am entitled to payments for 6 months but they will only give me 1 month until the validity of my work permit.
complicated. Have you applied for work permit renewal?

Lewaymama

Jul 15, 2019
My progress bar is 94% 39 days left to completion, no update whatsoever, medical done since October 2019, police clearance certificate same time done, called once all doc were receive yet no updates. What am I missing? I'm a March 2019 applicant.

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
My progress bar is 94% 39 days left to completion, no update whatsoever, medical done since October 2019, police clearance certificate same time done, called once all doc were receive yet no updates. What am I missing? I'm a March 2019 applicant.
My status is exactly the same as your stutus

Nov 18, 2019
Turkey
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ankara
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 13, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on December 17, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on December 27, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. Interview & medical exam at 13 January 2020 done

I sent email to Canadian Embessy on march they answered me “ your application at final stage “ its mean i finished Security background check .
What mean final stage ??

then COVID-19 came so when i will get the visa ?

My application still “in process “