+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
I see a lot of Oct-Nov-Dec-2018 people getting COPR. (Congratulations!). I know a lot of March 2019 people are on this forum. I myself am April 2019. But I was just wondering if we even have many people here from Jan-Feb-2019.
My parents are in December 2018 and I am January 2019. Neither of us received any updates but I am patient and hopeful that those before us get theirs first!

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Guys

I hope everyone is doing well. What’s the next step after receiving AOR? How long does it take to hear back from them after it?

Thanks
What is ur timeline and
When u received aor and applied please share ur timeline plz ?

levenscan

Oct 30, 2018
What should we do about our home passports? We didn't receive them from IRCC after becoming PR. I remember that I've read that generally after receiving your country passport you should send it to Passport Canada to hold when you getting RTD. I'm not sure if it's true. I have my RTD expired in a week. I'm just curious when they will open for RTD renewal and I'll send my RTD, Notice of Decision, and PR - will they ask the proof that I did not receive my home country passport back? P.S. I don't want to use the home country passport - just trying to understand the right procedures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
What should we do about our home passports? We didn't receive them from IRCC after becoming PR. I remember that I've read that generally after receiving your country passport you should send it to Passport Canada to hold when you getting RTD. I'm not sure if it's true. I have my RTD expired in a week. I'm just curious when they will open for RTD renewal and I'll send my RTD, Notice of Decision, and PR - will they ask the proof that I did not receive my home country passport back? P.S. I don't want to use the home country passport - just trying to understand the right procedures.
I just know that they do not ask for your home passport to give you RTD.

edi34

Jul 14, 2019
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 27, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on June 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 3, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on January 28, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. You entered Canada at the Montreal Immigration office on September 8, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.