+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi guys.
I had requested a new GCMS file on May 14th, and Today June 8th I received it.
It almost has not changed.
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Blank
HIRV: Blank
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime: Blank
Medical:
(it was passed before but now changed to Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation: Blank
Infor Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Blank
Paper file
Office: CPC Mississauga

It is in this status since November 11th, 2019.
We did the medical check-up in Feb 2019, and it was valid until March 13th, 2020.
Does anyone same changes in Medical status? Does it mean we need to do a new medical check-up?
Jalal

Reactions: simple2000

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys.
I had requested a new GCMS file May 14th and Today June 8th I received it.
Medical:
(it was passed before but now changed to: Passed - Expired
Paper file

It is in this status since Nov 11, 2019.
We did the medical check-up in Feb 2019 and it was valid until 13th March 2020.
Does anyone same changes in Medical status? does it mean we need to do a new medical check-up?
Jalal
My one also same. But we don’t need to do another medical. They will extend

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Google translation
In order to allow families to be together, immediate family members of Canadian citizens & permanent residents from around the world will be allowed to enter

for stays of 15 days or more - starting this evening

Refugee’s family can live separate for longer time. Thinking

Reactions: jack_2001

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hi guys.
I had requested a new GCMS file on May 14th, and Today June 8th I received it.
Medical:
(it was passed before but now changed to Passed - Expired
Paper file

It is in this status since November 11th, 2019.
We did the medical check-up in Feb 2019, and it was valid until March 13th, 2020.
Does anyone same changes in Medical status? Does it mean we need to do a new medical check-up?
Jalal
i had the same medical status, two month later (after it expired) they have extended for one more year

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hi Everyone, I wondered if an RTD holder who has come to Canada through irregular crossing from US, with no overstay in US, has had luck in getting a US visa. I am just confused if that will be a factor in making a US visa difficult? Thanks for your input.

Reactions: gehaif

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone, I wondered if an RTD holder who has come to Canada through irregular crossing from US, with no overstay in US, has had luck in getting a US visa. I am just confused if that will be a factor in making a US visa difficult? Thanks for your input.
All cases are different, but if i could speculate then your chances are close to zero that you will never be ble to go back to the US until you become a Canadian Citizen.

My reason for that conclusion is since its irregular border crossing as far as the US is concerned you are still illegally living in the US and once you submit the application you will be denied and banned for 10 years. again this is speculation..

ALL THE BEST :)

Reactions: Jalalcananda

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
All cases are different, but if i could speculate then your chances are close to zero that you will never be ble to go back to the US until you become a Canadian Citizen.

My reason for that conclusion is since its irregular border crossing as far as the US is concerned you are still illegally living in the US and once you submit the application you will be denied and banned for 10 years. again this is speculation..

ALL THE BEST :)
Appreciate the input. I would, however, debate the premises that i am still presumed to be living illegally in the US. The US cares very much how you enter it, but my observation is that it doesn't care how you exit it. It's concern would be for someone not to overstay. I just wondered if someone has applied for the visa and what their experience was. Ofcourse- considering everything else equal- because everybody's background is different.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Appreciate the input. I would, however, debate the premises that i am still presumed to be living illegally in the US. The US cares very much how you enter it, but my observation is that it doesn't care how you exit it. It's concern would be for someone not to overstay. I just wondered if someone has applied for the visa and what their experience was. Ofcourse- considering everything else equal- because everybody's background is different.
Again i am speculating, b4 the forum was removed there was more info of people who got denied due to the US and the VO thinks they missused there visa for illegal border crossing which is never a good sign for any country.

there has never been a person on this forum who applied in other threads that got approved so who know you may be the first

Good Luck and all the best :)

Last edited:

Jahprovideesp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Google translation
In order to allow families to be together, immediate family members of Canadian citizens & permanent residents from around the world will be allowed to enter

for stays of 15 days or more - starting this evening

Refugee’s family can live separate for longer time. Thinking

You are very funny bro

• Haha
Reactions: Refu0202

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
IMPORTANT

I EMAILED Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
I ASKED THEM ABOUT THE SITUATION OF MY SECURITY CHECK
THEY REPLIED TODAY THAT THEY GOT A REQUEST FROM CBSA IN 8/2019 AND REPLIED TO CBSA WITH THE INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS IN 9/2019

Reactions: Refu0202 and saidur

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Good question for the US embassy. everyone that i now apply for us visa gets 10 years..

and visa cannot be transferred you have to apply for a new one. LOL more money for them but its not expensive so its not a big deal.
Really but do you know anyone who is still waiting for his or her PR that get a US visa with the PTD?