+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well.

I had a question regarding the AIP.

I have seen many posts with a lot of people who have received the AIP before their DM. In my cause, I have not yet. Please note that I do not have any overseas dependent that I am applying for. My questions is: is the AIP something that any applicant under the protected person class should get eventually? Or is this something that only overseas dependents get? This question raised given that whoever gets AIP receives a letter regarding pre-arrival services. Your input is much appreciated!
With or Without Dependents you may get an AIP.

Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:
  • you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.
All The best

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
That's great to hear! I'm so happy for them! :)
I'm currently on my 19th month and waiting (October 2018 applicant) but hearing they received their PR status in such a short period of time is encouranging.

If you don't mind me asking, when have you applied? Any updates at all for you?

Hopefully our wait is going to end soon as well. :cool:
PR applied: June 2019
Estimated completion date: February 2021
Estimated remaining processing time: 9 Month(s)
Bar:
53% Completed

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Applied for PR.... ....November 2018
Notice of receipt.... January 2019
Medical.................. July 2019

My last GCMS note... Background check in process

No request for PCC. Until now

Almost 18 months.... 88%

Reactions: Eloneis

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
With or Without Dependents you may get an AIP.

Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:
  • you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.
All The best
Thank you for shedding some light for me.

Do you think that it's weird that I still havent received the AIP even though it's my 19th month waiting? I've seen posts of people getting AIP in a shorter time. I'm wondering what are the criterias that are used to confirm eligibility.

Reactions: simple2000

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thank you for shedding some light for me.

Do you think that it's weird that I still havent received the AIP even though it's my 19th month waiting? I've seen posts of people getting AIP in a shorter time. I'm wondering what are the criterias that are used to confirm eligibility.
I am 19 month 25 day until 20 i have not received AIP either so its not weird its Just IRCC there is no time frame for anything processing time and any time are all estimates and depends on the volume of cases they have so we just have to wait and see what happens that all we can do.

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I am 19 month 25 day until 20 i have not received AIP either so its not weird its Just IRCC there is no time frame for anything processing time and any time are all estimates and depends on the volume of cases they have so we just have to wait and see what happens that all we can do.
When Ircc want to accelerate EE (express entry) they finish it in 6 months..... EE also include the same security and background check for the refugees... We pay the same fees, we pay taxes.. we will be Canadian one day, and we will vote against the racist people

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
When Ircc want to accelerate EE (express entry) they finish it in 6 months..... EE also include the same security and background check for the refugees... We pay the same fees, we pay taxes.. we will be Canadian one day, and we will vote against the racist people
i totally understand the frustration, but with EE they have to work a full Year and have a certain amount of work experience before they can apply. they do not get money from the government to help when they just come here they have to have their own they have to eval their credentials and get PCC backgrounds and they pay for all those them selves they have to do IELTS they have to pay for that as well you have to have a certain levil of education and yes most refugee have that example i have a master, there are people who has a PhD but at the end of the day we did not do EE we did this process so we are aware of the wait time well personal i was aware because i did research and i knew i could never go home until i become a citizen i knew the time frame to get a hearing the time frame to get a PR its all on the internet i knew it was cheaper than EE so the fact that you belive its the same cost it is not.

i am not trying to say EE is better that us refugee no but the fact is they pay more fees and get all these things done on their own security from their home country and all that and that is the reason most of us have not yet become PR because canada does not have a relationship with most of our countries so they are having a hard time getting these information with EE all they have to do is verify the report is real some programs require Proof of funds, EE is faster because again they get all their documents and pay for everything them selves and itsnot six month after they get here, its sx month after working for 1 year as a full time emplyee in a field that is required not just any job their are specification as well. and after all thoes fees
they have to pay the same application fee of $550 and then a RPRF of $500

You can do some research on how must it cost to these things

• Work / Study Permit $150
  • IELTS - $320
  • WES Basic Evaluation Fees (7 Days) Document-by-Document Evaluation Course-by-Course (with GPA & course-levels) CPA Board Evaluation $100 $160 $200.
  • PR App Fee $550
  • RPRF -$500
  • and this does not include them paying for their own PCC and Security from their country as well.
How much money you’ll need
The amount of money you need to support your family depends on the size of your family. To calculate the size of your family you must include
  • yourself
  • your spouse or partner
  • your dependent children and
  • your spouse’s dependent children
Include your spouse or dependent children even if they’re
  • permanent residents or Canadian citizens
  • not coming to Canada with you
This table shows the minimum amount you need to immigrate to Canada. If you have more money, you should list the full amount in your profile or application.
Number of
family members
Funds required
(in Canadian dollars)
1$12,960
2$16,135
3$19,836
4$24,083
5$27,315
6$30,806
7$34,299
For each additional family member$3,492
https://www.myetc.ca/
i said all that to say this the govemnet will always be in Favor of EE for all those reasons its unfortunate for us, when my friends as me if they can claim refugee i tell them no i tell them get a degree same money come here work and they can live with me and do EE because all this stress we undergo in just not worth putting another peron through

ALL THE BEST TO US ALL

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
I see, thank you once again for answering!
I have ordered GCMS notes for the first time, so looking forward to see what updates are awaiting for me, if any are available. Best of luck to all of us waiting this out!

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
i totally understand the frustration, but with EE they have to work a full Year and have a certain amount of work experience before they can apply. they do not get money from the government to help when they just come here they have to have their own they have to eval their credentials and get PCC backgrounds and they pay for all those them selves they have to do IELTS they have to pay for that as well you have to have a certain levil of education and yes most refugee have that example i have a master, there are people who has a PhD but at the end of the day we did not do EE we did this process so we are aware of the wait time well personal i was aware because i did research and i knew i could never go home until i become a citizen i knew the time frame to get a hearing the time frame to get a PR its all on the internet i knew it was cheaper than EE so the fact that you belive its the same cost it is not.

i am not trying to say EE is better that us refugee no but the fact is they pay more fees and get all these things done on their own security from their home country and all that and that is the reason most of us have not yet become PR because canada does not have a relationship with most of our countries so they are having a hard time getting these information with EE all they have to do is verify the report is real some programs require Proof of funds, EE is faster because again they get all their documents and pay for everything them selves and itsnot six month after they get here, its sx month after working for 1 year as a full time emplyee in a field that is required not just any job their are specification as well. and after all thoes fees
they have to pay the same application fee of $550 and then a RPRF of $500

You can do some research on how must it cost to these things

• Work / Study Permit $150
  • IELTS - $320
  • WES Basic Evaluation Fees (7 Days) Document-by-Document Evaluation Course-by-Course (with GPA & course-levels) CPA Board Evaluation $100 $160 $200.
  • PR App Fee $550
  • RPRF -$500
  • and this does not include them paying for their own PCC and Security from their country as well.
How much money you’ll need
The amount of money you need to support your family depends on the size of your family. To calculate the size of your family you must include
  • yourself
  • your spouse or partner
  • your dependent children and
  • your spouse’s dependent children
Include your spouse or dependent children even if they’re
  • permanent residents or Canadian citizens
  • not coming to Canada with you
This table shows the minimum amount you need to immigrate to Canada. If you have more money, you should list the full amount in your profile or application.
Number of
family members
Funds required
(in Canadian dollars)
1$12,960
2$16,135
3$19,836
4$24,083
5$27,315
6$30,806
7$34,299
For each additional family member$3,492
https://www.myetc.ca/
i said all that to say this the govemnet will always be in Favor of EE for all those reasons its unfortunate for us, when my friends as me if they can claim refugee i tell them no i tell them get a degree same money come here work and they can live with me and do EE because all this stress we undergo in just not worth putting another peron through

ALL THE BEST TO US ALL
I think more resources and officers doing EE application

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1