+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Jake Loren

Jan 9, 2024
Hello Himank,

I applied online on Aug 2022

Pre-arrival and eligibility passed Nov 2023

Haven't received any updates after the eligibility passed letter.
My PR timeline is very similar to yours:

22 Aug 2022 - You have successfully submitted your permanent residence application. (One day after receiving the Notice of Decision.)
26 Jan 2023 - Your application has been received by IRCC on 2022/08/22. (Linked my application to my GCKey account, and it showed that medical was passed)
6 Feb 2023 - Letter requesting to resubmit IMM 5669, IMM 5406, Police Certificate(s). (I wrote an explanation letter that I don't need to submit police certificates.)
2 Nov 2023 - Invitation to Pre-arrival services. (That one I received through my GCKey account.)
9 Nov 2023 - It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements. (Was so happy, that ordered pizza.)
Recently I called IRCC number, and they confirmed that criminality was passed too, but they haven't started security yet.

Additional notes:
I am single, no family, no traveling after turned 18 in Canada, applied online from BC by myself, received by Case Processing Centre Mississauga.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
I have a question for everyone i filled my pr application on 31st may and received aor on 15 November but I didn’t received anything like biometric request and police clearance certificate only received file number in 9 months is it normal or is there something fishy your response will help me

Cmu

Mar 2, 2021
I have a question for everyone i filled my pr application on 31st may and received aor on 15 November but I didn’t received anything like biometric request and police clearance certificate only received file number in 9 months is it normal or is there something fishy your response will help me
why do not you send them a webform?

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I didn’t send them web form i talked with them on call they said that my file is in process and they don’t need any additional Documents as of now
It’s all good it take time mine take 10months they will ask you if they need anything and if you attached everything with your application they might not contact you, I don’t they will ask for your medical and biometric they already have that they will need a police certificate for sure so just get it ready.

Reactions: himankkohli6

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
It’s all good it take time mine take 10months they will ask you if they need anything and if you attached everything with your application they might not contact you, I don’t they will ask for your medical and biometric they already have that they will need a police certificate for sure so just get it ready.
Can you please share your timeline along with documents asked by ircc

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
My biometric says expired. I gave in 2022. They have not asked yet. They asked to my friend.

Abdullah32

Jan 20, 2024
Salaam everyone, I am Abdullah from Afghanistan staying in India from last 3 years and I applied for assylym and refugee 2 years before which I got last years, what should I do to get a chance of Canada visa, please help I am very sad here my family is there in Afghanistan and I am here alone and can’t go back ..