+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate your feedback on my situation, I just completed 23 months since PR application with the following updates
  • we received your application on 12/Nov/2021
  • we started working on your application 8/Jun/2021
  • Eligibility Passed 15/Mar/2023
  • Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services 16/Mar/2023
  • 13/Oct/2023 I called IRCC, all steps were complete except Background check which started on June/2023
I asked my MP to check, and he got back yesterday saying that my application is non-routine and normal processing time doesn't apply. What does that mean?

I searched a little bit on different forums here and I started to freak out, I thought I would share my experience and ask if anyone has faced something similar and what can be done about such cases? Can a lawyer help?
Well I filed a mandamus application with my lawyer 5 months ago and three weeks ago they started responding to me asking for more documents and stuff. Calling Mp to check on your application process wouldn't change their mind except you compelled them by the court to check on your application. And you can file the mandamus only if your application passed the normal processing time. Like my processing time is 34 months as of now.

Reactions: Malcom_Beats

lilypad87

Oct 24, 2023
Hi everyone,

My application timeline;
Arived to Canada: April 2019
Protected Person: April 15, 2022

PR:
Date Received: May 30, 2022,
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services :October 17, 2023

I didn't receive my eligibility approval yet. Other information as follows;

Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:
Review of additional documents:
Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also my timeline bar shows 73% complete and remaining processing time is 6 months.

I was wondering if anyone tried reaching out to IRCC and make the process faster ? Currently I have a good job but the problem is usually not having PR is making it difficult for me to keep my employment. I had no issues working at gorocery stores and small restaurants before but for some reason big companies are just keep asking when will I receive my PR. I don't know if anybody else had the same issues like me, it is getting frustrating after some point especially considering I came to Canada in 2019 and because of covid I got lot of delayes for my court date, they changed the date several times and eventually I passed without court. According to what I read in this forum also from my friends, whoever came to Canada around the same time as me, they are about to apply to their citizenship. I feel very unlucky about this process.

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

My application timeline;
Arived to Canada: April 2019
Protected Person: April 15, 2022

PR:
Date Received: May 30, 2022,
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services :October 17, 2023

I didn't receive my eligibility approval yet. Other information as follows;

Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also my timeline bar shows 73% complete and remaining processing time is 6 months.

I was wondering if anyone tried reaching out to IRCC and make the process faster ? Currently I have a good job but the problem is usually not having PR is making it difficult for me to keep my employment. I had no issues working at gorocery stores and small restaurants before but for some reason big companies are just keep asking when will I receive my PR. I don't know if anybody else had the same issues like me, it is getting frustrating after some point especially considering I came to Canada in 2019 and because of covid I got lot of delayes for my court date, they changed the date several times and eventually I passed without court. According to what I read in this forum also from my friends, whoever came to Canada around the same time as me, they are about to apply to their citizenship. I feel very unlucky about this process.
I arrived in Canada 2017, and still have not received my PR. it's a long process. Most people have been sent back Home, so, see yourself as very lucky.

Care2Care

Apr 25, 2020
My PR application under protected person is now like 26 months .... When i use the Client application tool (CAS) ,even though i put in all the right info ( eg UCI, Name, Country of Birth etc) , it keeps saying application not found. Yet the details are correct.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

When i log into my cic.gc.ca online account, i am able to see my current application for PR, but it still shows details about your application status:
Not applicable.

It does not show any % completed. But when i call the ircc , the agents informs me that i have passed the steps ( eligibility, medicals etc) and the ATIP note shows " client is ready for landing" since 9 months ago but yet i havent gotten any communication from IRCC or update showing in my profile. The agent have flagged my application since it passed 23 months but nothing so far. They say i should wait application is still in progress.

What else i can do guys please ? Most folks that i know here in my city have all received their PR after just one of year.

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
Hello,

Anyone with family members overseas that got pilot concurrent program letter? We got this letter in 2022. My wife already passed eligibility, medical, crimial basically the process is done not any final desicion has been made.
We haven’t heard from IRCC since May, and assessment and criminal was complete in July. VO for her supposed to be Mexico VO.

anyone with some insights? I called IRCC and they keep saying the timeline for family overseas is 47 month so i have to wait til 2025. To me doesn’t make sense that the application is completed just need final decision and passport request and they say that timeline is 2025.

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
I arrived in Canada 2017, and still have not received my PR. it's a long process. Most people have been sent back Home, so, see yourself as very lucky.
what do you mean most of ppl got to send back home ? Did they got accepted ? or people sent back home when they waited for their PRs? or in the middle of PR application after portal 2?

SAJ51215

Oct 8, 2019
May I know after claiming refugee inside Canada but not on border, how long it may take to get

1. Protected claimant papers
2. When you become eligible for Health Benefits
3. Estimated timeline to receive Work Permit

SAJ51215

Oct 8, 2019
May I know after claiming refugee inside Canada but not on border, how long it may take to get

1. Protected claimant papers
2. When you become eligible for Health Benefits
3. Estimated timeline to receive Work Permit

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
My PR application under protected person is now like 26 months .... When i use the Client application tool (CAS) ,even though i put in all the right info ( eg UCI, Name, Country of Birth etc) , it keeps saying application not found. Yet the details are correct.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

When i log into my cic.gc.ca online account, i am able to see my current application for PR, but it still shows details about your application status:
Not applicable.

It does not show any % completed. But when i call the ircc , the agents informs me that i have passed the steps ( eligibility, medicals etc) and the ATIP note shows " client is ready for landing" since 9 months ago but yet i havent gotten any communication from IRCC or update showing in my profile. The agent have flagged my application since it passed 23 months but nothing so far. They say i should wait application is still in progress.

What else i can do guys please ? Most folks that i know here in my city have all received their PR after just one of year.
Are you based in Quebec ?