+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone,

I applied for my PR in Jan 22, after almost 20 months, 2 days ago I received a request to provide some missing information, I submitted the updated Scheduale A form and the day after that I received a letter "Invitation to Pre-arrival services " which starts with" We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualifyto receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada. "

Its funny cause I'm already in Canada! its been 4 yrs. Was wondering what does this mean? whats the status of my application. will I receive my CoPR soon? does anyone else receive such a thing?

Thanks
Hi brother. Did you get any update after you get pre arrival letter?

CYOW

Jun 6, 2023
This is really long time. More than 3 years. Did you call ircc to make your application flag? And did you contact local parliament member? Im sure there should be reason. You have dependant over sea? You applied online?
I have called many times and had MP involved but no luck at all. Their answer is application is still under processing. No, I do not have any dependant. My background is still pending, I have never been involved in any activities, and I have never even gotten police tickets.
I have contacted Csis a couple of times as well but no luck. Canada is westing of time.

Kimob

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto
Pre arrival letter is standart process even you already in Canada. You should wait for pr portal request. Actually im also jan 2022 applicant but in my application they say eligibility is still under process. When you passed eligibility? They sent any letter about eligibility passed? After that you got final decision or just pre arrival?
Thank you
I havent received portal invitation, thought as I have already a CGKEY account no need for that. in message it says eligibility passed but when I go to my application page everything is under reviewing, so no updates as of Sept 7. I just wanna know how much longer should I wait. its ridicules to be honest. Do you have the IRCC number so I can call?

Last edited:

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
So I’m December 2021 applicant. I’m one of the few lucky ones that can’t check the status of their application neither from cic website or ecas. On cic the there’s no update on there since I applied. And on ecas I can’t find my application at all! The only way was through GCMS notes or speaking to an agent.
Anyways, today I found something new on my cic application status and I don’t know what is this lol

Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
I applied on June 2021
Since then everything was ok last year I called them they said everything done only security check left till now security is under process
And I was able to check my status on ecas
Since last month I’m trying to check in ecas it’s says unable to find the information
I called immigration today a lady answered my call and saying my name is changed how that happened idk it’s crazy man

S.Lonzo

Nov 22, 2022
Timeline update
Dec 2021 applicant
Zero update until July 2023 (eligibility)
Eligibility passed email in July 2023
Prearrival the next day
Pr confirmation 3 days ago , photos and details submitted the same day
Ecopr yesterday and awaiting PR cards

Reactions: AwesomeDoer

S.Lonzo

Nov 22, 2022
Thank you to everyone that kept this forum alive .
God luck to those of us still waiting.
I pray God eases your mind with a positive update soon .

binabade

Star Member
Jun 24, 2023
Timeline update
Dec 2021 applicant
Zero update until July 2023 (eligibility)
Eligibility passed email in July 2023
Prearrival the next day
Pr confirmation 3 days ago , photos and details submitted the same day
Ecopr yesterday and awaiting PR cards
When did you get you portal 1 and portal 2?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I have called many times and had MP involved but no luck at all. Their answer is application is still under processing. No, I do not have any dependant. My background is still pending, I have never been involved in any activities, and I have never even gotten police tickets.
I have contacted Csis a couple of times as well but no luck. Canada is westing of time.
My is January 2020. I have called many times. Different MP has called. I even filled a mandamus 4 months ago and still waiting.