+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
My PR timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 9, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on January 31, 2022.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on April 25, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on December 5, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I submitted it online on August 5, 2021. I linked to the ircc account on October 11 this year and informed that I passed the physical examination. I received a refund email about biometrics yesterday! On what day did you pass the medical examination?

Sword_fish

May 27, 2022
I submitted it online on August 5, 2021. I linked to the ircc account on October 11 this year and informed that I passed the physical examination. I received a refund email about biometrics yesterday! On what day did you pass the medical examination?
yes it passed in May 2022.i didnt receive a biometrics refund yet.thay said after final decision

Last edited:

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello friends .
I applied for permanent residence in 2020.
I received an email yesterday that I need to submit my military service records with a copy of my military service card and form 5546. I also received a pre-arrival service letter today. My question is: In the form, I have to write the information of people like my colonel and commander. But I don't remember their names at all. 20 years have passed since then. What should I do? Thanks
Is there no way you can get in touch with the military formation you served and seek their help? Definitely they should have the record of your service. You can as well help them by providing them with information of where you served and when (date) you served there.

I still remember all the schools I attended with dates even though I left school finally 25 years ago. I also remember all the places I worked with dates. The military usually has a command and control structure and will definitely have your record of service if you direct your inquiry appropriately.

Sword_fish

May 27, 2022
Is there no way you can get in touch with the military formation you served and seek their help? Definitely they should have the record of your service. You can as well help them by providing them with information of where you served and when (date) you served there.

I still remember all the schools I attended with dates even though I left school finally 25 years ago. I also remember all the places I worked with dates. The military usually has a command and control structure and will definitely have your record of service if you direct your inquiry appropriately.
Yes, of course they have my information. But what should I call and say? There is a military barracks there. No one gives you information. it's true! I also remember all the names of the primary school teachers. Because I was in contact with them, I loved them and they were important to me.but military service, Unfortunately, I do not remember at all

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
Good morning everyone

today I received a letter saying that YOU NOW QUALIFY FOR PRE-ARRIVAL services.

Is this pre-arrival letter and what steps should i expect now and how long normally it takes for approval of PR. I m APRIL 2021 applicant.

@Simba112 @sohaib1

Last edited:

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Good morning everyone

Is this pre-arrival letter and what steps should i expect now and how long normally it takes for approval of PR. I m APRIL 2021 applicant.

@Simba112 @sohaib1
There are no exact timelines for these things. Sometimes everything depends on who is handling your file. In my case, I received Pre-Arrival 35 days before I got eCoPR. All the best.

Reactions: Here4help

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Good morning everyone

@Simba112 @sohaib1
Receiving pre arrival means eligibility is passed also hope your background is passed as well.

After pre-arrival letter could take 1-3 months for the application to be finalized

Reactions: Here4help

human rights

Dec 11, 2022
Hi everyone,
I need help. I applied for travel document on April 2018. The last correspondence I received was in November 2019. My application has been stuck in background check since then. I have made numerous phone calls and send multiple webforms. All I have been told is application is stuck on background check. I hired a lawyer and he couldn't help me. My MP has been calling IRCC and the excuse they gave her is that my background check is being done by a third party and they don't know how long it will take. I am exhausted and I feel that my application has been neglected. I have done everything I can and I don't have any options but to wait. Any body else who is my situation?

human rights

Dec 11, 2022
Hi everyone,
I need help. I applied for travel document on April 2018. The last correspondence I received was in November 2019. My application has been stuck in background check since then. I have made numerous phone calls and send multiple webforms. All I have been told is application is stuck on background check. I hired a lawyer and he couldn't help me. My MP has been calling IRCC and the excuse they gave her is that my background check is being done by a third party and they don't know how long it will take. I am exhausted and I feel that my application has been neglected. I have done everything I can and I don't have any options but to wait. Any body else who is my situation?

Correction**** I applied for PR application on April 2018

human rights

Dec 11, 2022
Hi everyone,
***Correction I applied for PR application on April 2018***

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
***Correction I applied for PR application on April 2018***
if you cannot wait then the last resort is to file a case against ircc for neglecting your application, lawyer has to file the case. It is very expensive though.

Other than that nothing can be done but to wait