+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

SingIt

Sep 10, 2021
Hello, how much time it takes for background and eligibility to be done? and when they have been made, how much time for decision to arrive? thank you

Davidson01

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello, how much time it takes for background and eligibility to be done? and when they have been made, how much time for decision to arrive? thank you
@singlt. I really don't think there is timeframe for background and eligibility process since ircc has backlog, My eligibility has being in process for more than 3 months and no updates from mississauga cpc. Fingers crossed waiting for good news

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Good morning everyone
I applied PR as protected person with family and i got a letter asking for finger print of my son when we go service canada they did not accept certified copy of passport and original is with immigration as we surrender at the time of claim. We explained the situation to officer but he says how i know it’s certified by immigration even stamps are there.

What should we do in this regard.
I took the refugee travel Document

SJ2019

Jan 1, 2019
Hello,

I am trying to link my application to GCKEY acccount. My application started processing in July 2022. I have tried all the combination below and I keep getting message that my application is not found. Any advice and insight would help.

What program did you apply for ?
Category : Permanent Residence
Sub-category: In-Canada Protected persons and convention Refugees

Appliaation details
Application Number and family name,
Application number and UCI,
Family name, Given Name & Date of Birth,
UCI & family name

Thanks

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hello,

I am trying to link my application to GCKEY acccount. My application started processing in July 2022. I have tried all the combination below and I keep getting message that my application is not found. Any advice and insight would help.

What program did you apply for ?
Category : Permanent Residence
Sub-category: In-Canada Protected persons and convention Refugees

Appliaation details
Application Number and family name,
Application number and UCI,
Family name, Given Name & Date of Birth,
UCI & family name

Thanks
When it says how many applicants enter 1

Rajeevkumar84

Star Member
Jan 30, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Time bar may confuse you, i was stuck on 65% then i got PR. they wont ask you for the medical since there is new waiver announced by Minister Fraser to reduce backlog. Hopeful in next 2 months you may get your eCOPR.
Hi , simba Yes bro still waiting bar show 60%
But no news yet
I went Mp office they said “

Good day,

I have contacted IRCC regarding the Permanent Residency application and have been informed of the following information:

Received October 27th 2021 at the Mississauga office
Eligibility and criminality are in progress
Medical have passed but are expired since Jan 23rd 2022
Security not started
Not sure how long they take more ??
Any idea
Almost 15 month

Hi simba brother I link my application online portal
And showing this

Application Received October 2021

45% completed

Review of medical results?
YOU DO NOT NEED MEDICAL EXAM. WE WILL SEND YOU MESSAGE IF THIS CHANGES.

: Since they start working on my application
Since may 2022 , I never get any update from them .
Can you please explain
Do they really don’t need our medical??
And what’s the
45% completed means

please explain me bro
Thank you for time in advance

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hi , simba Yes bro still waiting bar show 60%
But no news yet
I went Mp office they said “

Good day,

I have contacted IRCC regarding the Permanent Residency application and have been informed of the following information:

Received October 27th 2021 at the Mississauga office
Eligibility and criminality are in progress
Medical have passed but are expired since Jan 23rd 2022
Security not started
Not sure how long they take more ??
Any idea
Almost 15 month
Do not believe the timebar it’s wrong most of the time.
Medical won’t be required again anymore since minister wants to speed up applications
Processing time nowadays is 20 months

Reactions: zak86

Sword_fish

May 27, 2022
Hello friends .
I applied for permanent residence in 2020.
I received an email yesterday that I need to submit my military service records with a copy of my military service card and form 5546. I also received a pre-arrival service letter today. My question is: In the form, I have to write the information of people like my colonel and commander. But I don't remember their names at all. 20 years have passed since then. What should I do? Thanks

Last edited:

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
Hello friends .
I applied for permanent residence in 2020.
I received an email yesterday that I need to submit my military service records with a copy of my military service card and form 5546. I also received a pre-arrival service letter today. My question is: In the form, I have to write the information of people like my colonel and commander. But I don't remember their names at all. 20 years have passed since then. What should I do? Thanks
Are you inside or outside of Canada?

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
inside with my family
You can try to write a letter of explanation, but you can’t remember the name and specific information of the officer at that time due to the long time, but you should remember the basics! May I ask your PR application timeline, when did you pass the medical examination?

Sword_fish

May 27, 2022
You can try to write a letter of explanation, but you can’t remember the name and specific information of the officer at that time due to the long time, but you should remember the basics! May I ask your PR application timeline, when did you pass the medical examination?
My PR timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 9, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on January 31, 2022.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on April 25, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on December 5, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.