+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Hello12987

Jun 12, 2022
Hi, I received PR appoval letter yesterday. In which it was written that my PR has been approved and they asked me some details like UCI last entry to Canada so Ircc can create the portal account for me. I replied to that email within one hour yesterday but since than I haven’t received the portal credentials yet. Can anyone tell me how much does it takes to get the portal credentials? If anyone with similar experience can help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi, I received PR appoval letter yesterday. In which it was written that my PR has been approved and they asked me some details like UCI last entry to Canada so Ircc can create the portal account for me. I replied to that email within one hour yesterday but since than I haven’t received the portal credentials yet. Can anyone tell me how much does it takes to get the portal credentials? If anyone with similar experience can help will be highly appreciated. Thanks
You can get the portal any moment from now. In my case I got it the next day. People here have got theirs within days. Just be rest assured you will get it soon.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello

I got an e-mail from IRCC about police cerificate. My lawyer said before I don't have to provide it, because I'm a protected person and we don't have to get this certificate from country of prosecution. Can I just ignore it?
I think it’s standard practice for IRCC to request Police Clearance Certificate if you have stayed for up to 6 months in a 3rd country. If you did, it would be unwise for your lawyer to advise you against providing it because it would delay your processing.

Babybluemoon

Jun 9, 2018
I think it’s standard practice for IRCC to request Police Clearance Certificate if you have stayed for up to 6 months in a 3rd country. If you did, it would be unwise for your lawyer to advise you against providing it because it would delay your processing.
But I didn't stay in a 3rd country for more than 2 weeks in my life. Only countries I have in my application is the one I ran away from and Canada.

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Hello, I submitted documents to IRCC from a second request letter, although I submitted the documents the first time through Web Form they did not get it. So the first time and second I got the generic email response 2 days after submitting the documents through Web Form. How do I know that they actually received the documents this time? Anyone who has submitted documents through Web Form, did you get just the generic email saying they have a high volume of requests, or did you get a second email after this to acknowledge that they have received your documents? What was your experience? I don’t want the application to be refused, so how I do know that the officer actually received by documents this time? I try to call IRCC but every time I call I never get an agent on the line, they always have high volume of calls and cannot get to speak to an agent.

Thank you.

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Hello, I submitted documents to IRCC from a second request letter, although I submitted the documents the first time through Web Form they did not get it. So the first time and second I got the generic email response 2 days after submitting the documents through Web Form. How do I know that they actually received the documents this time? Anyone who has submitted documents through Web Form, did you get just the generic email saying they have a high volume of requests, or did you get a second email after this to acknowledge that they have received your documents? What was your experience? I don’t want the application to be refused, so how I do know that the officer actually received by documents this time? I try to call IRCC but every time I call I never get an agent on the line, they always have high volume of calls and cannot get to speak to an agent.

Thank you.
You may receive an email confirmation weeks after the first generic email, alternatively you can send another webform to ask for a confirmation, but you’d need to wait for weeks too, IRCC is a joke.

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

Thank you.
You just have to wait I submitted mine through the web form and received an email a few days ago confirmation of receipt after two month! They’re pretty slow.

Reactions: Tropics

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015

Thank you.
you can call and ask them if they got the forms or send a webform and wait for reply

Reactions: Tropics

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Soon my application will pass its one year anniversary and they did not even start eligibility.
Maybe it's my fault because I moved location and pursued education since applying, but more likely IRCC is full BS :)
The expected processing time was updated a few days ago, now it's 21 months but I doubt mine will be that short now as my medical was 5 years ago.

Last edited:

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
You just have to wait I submitted mine through the web form and received an email a few days ago confirmation of receipt after two month! They’re pretty slow.
Did you have one month to submit it? They sent me the second request a few days after the 30 day deadline. So I’m a bit worried. I try to call them all the time but they’re always busy.

Reactions: Davidson01

Rinadina

Mar 18, 2022
Hi !
My application as protected person as below:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 05, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on January 29, 2022.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on June 30, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received 0n 09th August 2022
Can any one advise what will be the next as no update after that . Any issue if i call IRCC & ask my file progress?
Thanks for your valuable feedback.