+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Hi all,

My PR has been approved. I was requested to the email sent by IRCC so they can send me an ePortal invite with the credentials, which I did on the same day. How long would take them to send out the credentials?

I am in Montreal and Montreal's office is processing my file.

Does the approval mean that they have started to count days toward my citizenship?

I am March 2019 applicant. Had to file for a Mandamus to move things forward. 11 days after filing an Application for Leave and Judicial Review (first step in the process), I received the approval.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cank3 and mikeYYC

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
Your 1day count towards citizenship begins on the day you receive your confirmation of PR. What you got is an approval and it does not stipulate that you are a PR yet.

The remaining processes towards your ecopr shouldn't be more than a week by standard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adamdear

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Hello guys, I’m sincerely looking for a reply

Im a convention refugee and I sent my PR application to the IRCC office at Mississauga on May29th. I have the tracking number and I can see that it’s been received with a signature.

HOWEVER, I haven’t received anything yet including the temporary application number. Should I be worried at this point? Thanks!

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022

Im a convention refugee and I sent my PR application to the IRCC office at Mississauga on May29th. I have the tracking number and I can see that it’s been received with a signature.

HOWEVER, I haven’t received anything yet including the temporary application number. Should I be worried at this point? Thanks!
You probably should if you haven't received temporary number, this is rare.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021

It’s very much unlike them not to have replied with a temporary application number. You need to thoroughly check your email, including your spam mail, between May and June.

Reactions: dzx

Rajeevkumar84

Star Member
Jan 30, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi, we are in same boat October 2021 applicant
My online portal showing same since 4 month nothing change

Rajeevkumar84

Star Member
Jan 30, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
it will be very difficult; you will need very very strong evidence that they will go back.

hi sohaib1
bro can you please explain me we’re my application stand now they didn’t update anything after ask my son biometric
Week month ago they ask my son biometric
After that no update .

Review of eligibility
  • We do not need medical exam, we will send you mass
Interview
Biometrics
  • May 27 , 2022 completed
  • Background check
  • We are processing your background checks.we will send you massage if we need more
  • Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Homelonely

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
The status of my dependent outside Canada on eCAS was initially showing “in process”. After I received my PR in June, it changed to “Application Received” and nothing has changed ever since. Is it possible for my dependent to create a GCKey account and link the application to it?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
hi sohaib1
bro can you please explain me we’re my application stand now they didn’t update anything after ask my son biometric
Week month ago they ask my son biometric
After that no update .

Review of eligibility
  • We do not need medical exam, we will send you mass
Interview
Biometrics
  • May 27 , 2022 completed
  • Background check
  • We are processing your background checks.we will send you massage if we need more
  • Final decision
they are reviewing your eligibility first

pepiokaf

Oct 8, 2022
Hi all,

My PR has been approved. I was requested to the email sent by IRCC so they can send me an ePortal invite with the credentials, which I did on the same day. How long would take them to send out the credentials?

I am in Montreal and Montreal's office is processing my file.

Does the approval mean that they have started to count days toward my citizenship?

I am March 2019 applicant. Had to file for a Mandamus to move things forward. 11 days after filing an Application for Leave and Judicial Review (first step in the process), I received the approval.
A friend of mine got hers the next day

Reactions: Adamdear

pepiokaf

Oct 8, 2022
Hi all,
I applied for PR and got my temporary application number on March 2nd, 2022.
I received this email from CIC Mississauga on October 7th, 2022. Is this like a generic email they send out once your application has begun processing? I already submitted all these documents when I applied initially. I am thinking I just ignore this email right?
Here is the link to the email https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BVTDIUfTiQex3Gw779Ez-ngg0UH-cSrp?usp=sharing