+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
I thought it’s countable after the PR confirmation regardless if you have received the card or not!
Isn’t that right?
Confirmed. It is countable as 1 for each day from the day of PR confirmation compared to 0.5 for a day as a Protected Person only.

Reactions: redbird

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
I know a guy who came from a Country that has the one of the worst relationships with Canada yet he received his pr approval in less than a year.
It’s actually all depends on how the management handles your file, of course if you have no security problems but even though every security department provides your details fast but your information are there waiting for someone to handle them that’s it!
Just my opinion, as i see this in most cases irrelevant.
I meant obtaining the certificate from a country other than your home country, if you face prosecution in your home country, you actually don’t need to provide your home country’s police certificate. However there are still other things like military service in Iran, etc that can delay the process.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hey guys,
So I applied to PR as a convention refugee in Canada but while waiting I also applied to RTD ( refugee travel document). Does anyone know if we need to send a copy of our passport because I didn't since my original passport isn't with me and it's written in the requirements.
Another question, Does anyone have an idea on the time it takes these days because I keep on sending them webforms and they say my application isn't in the system and it's been three months. Is this normal?

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
RTD application is taking longer time to process even though it was stated on their website that they are now accepting application.

Don't bother if your original passport is not with you. Just keep your fingers crossed. No exact time to expect it for now. Even Canadian Passport is taking so much time to process. It took them 6months to process my daughter's Canadian passport.

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
I did not bother to apply. I have folks who applied in late 2021 and still waiting. Their credit card was charged and still no RTD.

A lady I know also applied with her 3kids. She submitted the application using a single envelope. She got her own RTD after 4months, but her kids RTD are still pending.

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Submitted police certificate and other docs requested through web form one month ago and today I got an email with a second notice saying that the documents have not been received and that another request will not be sent. What is going on? Anyone have this issue? I also tried uploading documents through Mycic account but it says there are no documents required so there is no option to submit or attach documents. Help please

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
Submitted police certificate and other docs requested through web form one month ago and today I got an email with a second notice saying that the documents have not been received and that another request will not be sent. What is going on? Anyone have this issue? I also tried uploading documents through Mycic account but it says there are no documents required so there is no option to submit or attach documents. Help please
I'll advise that you submit again via webform and include the letter you received requesting for a police certificate. If you know your processing office, also send another copy via Canada post along with the letter you received requesting for a police certificate.

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
I'll advise that you submit again via webform and include the letter you received requesting for a police certificate. If you know your processing office, also send another copy via Canada post along with the letter you received requesting for a police certificate.
I will do that thank you! I don’t think I submitted a copy of the letter through we form. Could this be why they did not receive it? Also is it better to scan the letter and all documents as one document?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
i got second notice of medical not received and sent them proff again and they have recieved it. I sent through webform no issue

Reactions: Tropics

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
I’m having a hard time uploading the documents as they seem to be 8MB and file upload size cannot exceed 2MB. Any tips to make the file smaller? Thanks

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
I’m having a hard time uploading the documents as they seem to be 8MB and file upload size cannot exceed 2MB. Any tips to make the file smaller? Thanks
You can compress them but beware if it’s too unclear they probably won’t consider them acceptable…