+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
HI guys I think Alberta is the worst place when it comes to processing Asylum PR, more Especially Edmonton Alberta. I applied for PR January 2020 it took one year before I could get ARO and understand that Covid impact the processing, but after I got the ARO I keep getting updates until my files was sent to Edmonton in 2021 March ever since then no update and majority of 2021 and 2022 have got their's or are almost. Only know what person handling my file is doing,

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
HI guys I think Alberta is the worst place when it comes to processing Asylum PR, more Especially Edmonton Alberta. I applied for PR January 2020 it took one year before I could get ARO and understand that Covid impact the processing, but after I got the ARO I keep getting updates until my files was sent to Edmonton in 2021 March ever since then no update and majority of 2021 and 2022 have got their's or are almost. Only know what person handling my file is doing,
Shouldn’t all refugee prs be processed in Mississauga?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Shouldn’t all refugee prs be processed in Mississauga?
That's where the filing goes to but sometimes they send it to other Provence for the final decision and that where it get stuck. Someone will be drinking coffee when he or she suppose to be working.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
That's where the filing goes to but sometimes they send it to other Provence for the final decision and that where it get stuck. Someone will be drinking coffee when he or she suppose to be working.
They are understaffed.... not sure of drinking coffee, but recent report confirmed Immigration are understaffed to cope with the volume

GLAMOR

May 6, 2022
Hey guys,

got my pr Application approved yesterday and received portal invitation to upload my photo today.

Can I apply for new sin number now or should I wait until I revieve my PR CARD which could potentially take months?
Thanks and good luck for everyone.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey guys,

got my pr Application approved yesterday and received portal invitation to upload my photo today.

Can I apply for new sin number now or should I wait until I revieve my PR CARD which could potentially take months?
Thanks and good luck for everyone.
You dont need to wait for pr cards, use copr and apply online. It takes 10business days

visa forum

Aug 5, 2022
Can anyone please give some idea

As per immigration website pr processing time 23 months.Does it mean the processing time include overseas dependent.
I got my pr jan 2022 after 13 months of application.But my overseas dependent application still showing under process and her application started processing on nov 2021.All together our application now 21 months.though I got PR but my dependent still waiting.Does it wil be completed with 23 months or take longer?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I do have a question though, medical exam has been submitted by the clinic yesterday and yesterday on gckey it shows as passed, does passed means the officer changed the status or it has been changed automatically
Note that it has been changed the same day
emedical is interlinked, so it is automatic

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
Can anyone please give some idea

As per immigration website pr processing time 23 months.Does it mean the processing time include overseas dependent.
I got my pr jan 2022 after 13 months of application.But my overseas dependent application still showing under process and her application started processing on nov 2021.All together our application now 21 months.though I got PR but my dependent still waiting.Does it wil be completed with 23 months or take longer?
The 23 months processing window does not include your overseas dependent. They will start processing your overseas dependent application when your PR is approved and the duration/ processing time is a function of the overseas visa office handling it.