+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Ok I apply on Monday night but till today I don’t get ecorp just have question might be my pic is not good it’s effect on pr card
Ok I apply on Monday night but till today I don’t get ecorp just have question might be my pic is not good it’s effect on pr card
Once your address is accepted by case worker, you get ecopr download right away. May be case worker is busy with other files for now

Joseph007

Apr 26, 2018
Can someone help me

I can’t link my application and no buddy answer when I call them just auto response ( background check)

1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 4, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on June 13, 2021.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on January 31, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Why takes 2 years ? Who’s responsible for that? Even the email request they just copy and paste answer not belong the question ?Why takes 2 years ? Who’s responsible for that? Even the email request they just copy and paste answer not belong the question ?

Reactions: Homelonely

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Can someone help me

I can’t link my application and no buddy answer when I call them just auto response ( background check)

3. We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on January 31, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Why takes 2 years ? Who’s responsible for that? Even the email request they just copy and paste answer not belong the question ?Why takes 2 years ? Who’s responsible for that? Even the email request they just copy and paste answer not belong the question ?
There can be many reasons, for example:
1. The case workers are being lazy and the IRCC is overwhelmed by its case backlog. (The most likely reason)
2. There are problems in your file.
3. They have to verify something with an uncooperative reference (company, government, UN, etc)
You should request GCMS notes to find out what is going on, if you are in Canada you can request it for free through the Privacy Act.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

Enyidia

Jun 21, 2021
Can someone help me

Hi there! There’s nothing wrong with your application, this has been happening recently with a lot of applications, someone who works with the Arab community confirmed this a few days ago.
Be a little more patient and eventually you’ll be able to link it, or your application will progress smoothly without you being able to track it step by step, but you eventually receive the portal invitation. It’s happened to a few people. Best of luck to ya!

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
There can be many reasons, for example:
1. The case workers are being lazy and the IRCC is overwhelmed by its case backlog. (The most likely reason)
2. There are problems in your file.
3. They have to verify something with an uncooperative reference (company, government, UN, etc)
You should request GCMS notes to find out what is going on, if you are in Canada you can request it for free through the Privacy Act.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html
By saying problem in file what exactly do you mean?
Any missing document or other issues

Knnan

Aug 18, 2022
Can someone help me

May i know what the correspondence you received in July 2021 and January 2022.

I received update on my online portal saying the same but I didn’t receive any email and it has been over than one month.

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi there! There’s nothing wrong with your application, this has been happening recently with a lot of applications, someone who works with the Arab community confirmed this a few days ago.
Be a little more patient and eventually you’ll be able to link it, or your application will progress smoothly without you being able to track it step by step, but you eventually receive the portal invitation. It’s happened to a few people. Best of luck to ya!
Less than 20% applications took longer than 24 months, so this is a reason for concern.
By saying problem in file what exactly do you mean?
Any missing document or other issues
Yes, missing document, and they don’t always immediately tell you what’s missing.

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello guys i’m going to seek asylum in canada i’m 19 and i’m bisexual i’m from nigeria which it isn’t allowed please what is the estimate a lawyer will cost?