+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
I received my eCOPR on August 26th, 2022.
A special thanks to Shoaib for guiding throughout in the best possible way.
It took exact 4 and half months after pre-arrival letter and 2nd medical to get the portal invitation.
I wish anyone my best wishes and prayers who are facing delays in getting their PR!!! Keep your sprits high and soon you will get out of this situation!!!
Congrats....

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hello everyone,
It took exact 4 and half months after pre-arrival letter and 2nd medical to get the portal invitation.
I wish anyone my best wishes and prayers who are facing delays in getting their PR!!! Keep your sprits high and soon you will get out of this situation!!!
Congrats

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hello everyone,
When they ask for 2nd medical and when they pass ?

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Hello everyone,
Congrats

Danny1323

Mar 17, 2022
So the exact timeline from the start till today.
1- Refugee claim made 7th November 2018, medical done in 1 weeks time.
2- Refugee online hearing 3hrs and case accepted same day 17th March 2021.
3- PR application (paper submission) in Canada documents received by IRCC 26th May 2021.
4- PR application process started 9th December 2021
5- Medical notice by IRCC 7th April 2022
6- Pre arrival letter 8th April 2022
7- Medical approved 15th April 2022
8- PR portal invitation email 22nd August 2022 (uploaded picture and confirmation same day)
9- eCopr received 26th August 2022.
Now waiting for PR cards.
My case was in canada with my spouse. The only thing which made my case late was covid-19 and caused delay in my hearing date. I hope this will be helpful! Thank you for the wishes.

Reactions: Fawaz123

Danny1323

Mar 17, 2022
I want to add 1 thing here just for information!
I took me over 1 month to submit my PR application and I made sure that all documents and forms are submitted properly and my application process is not delayed. IRCC never asked me for any further document or submission during this whole process.
My recommendation to everyone in future is that it is alright to take time in the beginning rather then being delayed later in the process which cause stress and anxiety. Thanks

Reactions: Jealan

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Hello. My sister and her daughter applied for refugee status and I, a Canadian Citizen, is their representative. I received an email to upload some documents and I was hoping to be able to link their files to GCKey account to upload the documents instantly and see the progress of the files but I can’t seem to be able to link their files online. Does anyone know how can I do this?

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
So the exact timeline from the start till today.
1- Refugee claim made 7th November 2018, medical done in 1 weeks time.
2- Refugee online hearing 3hrs and case accepted same day 17th March 2021.
3- PR application (paper submission) in Canada documents received by IRCC 26th May 2021.
4- PR application process started 9th December 2021
5- Medical notice by IRCC 7th April 2022
6- Pre arrival letter 8th April 2022
7- Medical approved 15th April 2022
8- PR portal invitation email 22nd August 2022 (uploaded picture and confirmation same day)
9- eCopr received 26th August 2022.
Now waiting for PR cards.
My case was in canada with my spouse. The only thing which made my case late was covid-19 and caused delay in my hearing date. I hope this will be helpful! Thank you for the wishes.
congrats

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
I want to add 1 thing here just for information!
I took me over 1 month to submit my PR application and I made sure that all documents and forms are submitted properly and my application process is not delayed. IRCC never asked me for any further document or submission during this whole process.
My recommendation to everyone in future is that it is alright to take time in the beginning rather then being delayed later in the process which cause stress and anxiety. Thanks
you are right these good way take time and fullfill complete application

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Online Services portal shows that decision made, but in GC key account, it doesn't show that decision made and only shows Medical passed on August 25th. I passed eligibility 3-4 months ago and received a pre-arrival letter in March. I wondered why there are differences between online service and GC key and whether I expect to receive the portal email soon.
Hi you get any update on Gc key account

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
why they ask for a second medical test though?
Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you don’t come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam, or if your file is not completed in that time you may be asked for another as well, IRCC officer has discretion and may extend these medial but it's all case by case and in most cases ask for new ones.