+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Congratulations! Your status as a permanent resident is confirmed. An IRCC case worker will send you a message with further information; the message will come from an email address ending in @cic.gc.ca. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.

Your electronic Confirmation of Permanent Resident (eCoPR) is available to download in your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account.

The long wait is over at last. Thanks to everybody here who lent a support/advice or two. I pray you all get good news soon.
Hi Orlando_Best, did you receive your ECOPR on the same day as when you uploaded your photo and address information on the PR portal? Or was it a day after you uploaded your photo and address that the ECOPR was available for download?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi Orlando_Best, did you receive your ECOPR on the same day as when you uploaded your photo and address information on the PR portal? Or was it a day after you uploaded your photo and address that the ECOPR was available for download?
I received it a day later. It wasn’t on the same day. All the best.

Reactions: mylo96

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Especially when many who already applied at the same date as me, their application's are being processed now but not for me though, they are refugees just like me and many are from my same country and guess what! for the same refugee claim reason as well.
my application should be more easy to processes as I have never had anything wrong in my profile for my whole life. It's a 100% depends on the case worker most of the times, which I think my case worker isn't that great to be honest.
You need to be calm. Many have passed the road you’re on now and I can guarantee it’s not within your control. However, you will eventually get there. You may even get there before some of these people you’re referring to. As long as your application has no mistakes, it will be processed. Keep checking on your eCAS and promptly respond to their requests if any.

All the best.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi, I submitted PR online on Sep 2021, now I was able to link my application to my IRCC account, but not my spouse application (outside Canada),
any idea at what stage when a dependent's application (outside Canada) be linked to IRCC account?

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hi, I submitted PR online on Sep 2021, now I was able to link my application to my IRCC account, but not my spouse application (outside Canada),
any idea at what stage when a dependent's application (outside Canada) be linked to IRCC account?
hi you cant link your family application and even you cant create new id to link family application only you gonna recive email about family updates

Reactions: Hws24

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Did you applied as a protected person in Canada? If yes, here’s the breakdown of the timeline for citizenship
1. You need a total of 1095days to qualify for citizenship.
2. You count half day from the day you receive a positive decision of your refugee hearing. That means if every 2 days will be counted as 1 day.
3. You’ll start to count full day from the day you receive your confirmation of permanent residency.
Please use below link for more information
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/startBasicCalc.do
Thank you very very much I so much appreciate.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hello Brothers...
I need some information about work permit... I received e-mail from CIC on June 8th that my work permit is approved and a secured document is mailed at my address but after 17 day's no delivery yet please need your advice..
Have you received your work permit yet if no, I will advise you to call the ircc to find out.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I’ve Been trying to call IRCC customer Service since 8am at the morning until 2pm and i couldn’t reach any agent at all OMG, i have recharged my phone twice yet i couldn’t reach to any single human at this department.
This is so frustrating and i have never seen something like this in any other country i have been in before!
Yes I understand it can be frustrating, you just have to take your mind off the entire process otherwise it will keep frustrating you. I am in the same situation my application was filed since January 2020 and am still waiting. Take easy we will all rejoice someday by the grace of God.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
many options I have chosen to be honest, I can't remember really!
is there any recommended option right there?
I've tried many of them yet no success at all, what makes me upset is that I can't even communicate with them. I don't want my application to be delayed as we've seen some in the news.
No words can guarantee me that my application won't be delayed or forgotten, so I better work on it or at least try to work on it to not cry later.
There is nothing you can do you just have to wait.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I think you can only link that of your family when they start processing it and they will update you when they start.