+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Alfatle

Jun 8, 2018
You can apply either one of them
Paper is the more common, if i go back in time i would prefer the online application since it can be updated instantly.
But for the most part it doesn’t really matter.
Thanks for your reply.
Another question, can I do medical check before submitting the pr application or I have to submit it first?
Also, Do I need to fill up the generic application form for all family or only one form for me and put their info in dependants section and this is consider that the all family applied for PR?

Alfatle

Jun 8, 2018
You can apply online or on paper it doesn't matter really. I applied by paper and I prefer paper.
Thanks for your reply.
Another question, can I do medical check before submitting the pr application or I have to submit it first?
Also, Do I need to fill up the generic application form for all family or only one form for me and put their info in dependants section and this is consider that the all family applied for PR?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for your reply.
You can do upfront medical but what if processing time exceeds 1yr? you will have to do it again. Generic application is for each family member

Reactions: dzx

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Thanks for your reply.
You can do medical but if the application takes more than a year you will need to do it again so you will waste money better to wait

The person in canada will need to fill generic form with dependants on that form and for outside Canada another form needs to be filled with dependants outside Canada

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I’ve Been trying to call IRCC customer Service since 8am at the morning until 2pm and i couldn’t reach any agent at all OMG, i have recharged my phone twice yet i couldn’t reach to any single human at this department.
This is so frustrating and i have never seen something like this in any other country i have been in before!
Calm down and take it easy. Immigration process can be frustrating sometimes but you will be okay eventually. You’re already on the part to success. Do not be frustrated to the point of using foul language. Canada is doing her best giving the circumstances. All the best.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hi everyone, I filled my PR January 2020 and am still waiting only God knows when is gonna be over. But I have a question if I finally get my PR how long will it take me to get my Citizenship? I understand some years will be deducted for waiting.

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hi everyone, I filled my PR January 2020 and am still waiting only God knows when is gonna be over. But I have a question if I finally get my PR how long will it take me to get my Citizenship? I understand some years will be deducted for waiting.
Did you applied as a protected person in Canada? If yes, here’s the breakdown of the timeline for citizenship
1. You need a total of 1095days to qualify for citizenship.
2. You count half day from the day you receive a positive decision of your refugee hearing. That means if every 2 days will be counted as 1 day.
3. You’ll start to count full day from the day you receive your confirmation of permanent residency.
Please use below link for more information
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/startBasicCalc.do

Reactions: BoniTich

mylo96

Nov 20, 2020
Hey Guys, hope your all doing well, Question: I received a request to go and do a medical test on Monday and did it today on Tuesday. I am a Nov 2019 PR applicant. Do you guys know what's usually the next step? And does it normally mean that am done with the background check? And what are the realistic expectations I should have after this step? Thank You all for your replies.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hey Guys, hope your all doing well, Question: I received a request to go and do a medical test on Monday and did it today on Tuesday. I am a Nov 2019 PR applicant. Do you guys know what's usually the next step? And does it normally mean that am done with the background check? And what are the realistic expectations I should have after this step? Thank You all for your replies.
Expect the final stages of your application which could come within 2 weeks. Once you receive the communication and gives it a quick response, you may be done within one week by getting eCoPR. Best of luck buddy.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Expect the final stages of your application which could come within 2 weeks. Once you receive the communication and gives it a quick response, you may be done within one week by getting eCoPR. Best of luck buddy.
I would say, expect another update in next 2 months not 2 weeks....few members here did their medical in April, no further update

Davidson01

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello guys,
my processing details below.

My Permanent Residence Application Timeline:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 15, 2021.

2. We started processing your application on Jan 22, 2022

3. Medical request June 27, 2022

4. FBI clerance request June 27, 2022

Medical and fbi done on June 29, 2022 and waiting for the result.

Please what is the next step when ircc recieved the result of my medical and fbi?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Expect at least 2 more months or possibly more.
On rare cases 2 to 3 weeks. On very very rare cases 2 days!