+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi
What is the next step after passing the medical test?
There are no defined steps in this process. Everything depends on some factors including who your case officer is. If you have gotten pre-arrival and eligibility letters, it could be portal invitation next if you have passed background and security checks. I hope it’s portal invitation for you. Best of luck buddy.

Sword_fish

May 27, 2022
There are no defined steps in this process. Everything depends on some factors including who your case officer is. If you have gotten pre-arrival and eligibility letters, it could be portal invitation next if you have passed background and security checks. I hope it’s portal invitation for you. Best of luck buddy.
I still haven't got anything else.and,do I need to do biometrics again?I had biometrics when I arrived in Canada. But when I check now, it has expired.

Last edited:

GLAMOR

May 6, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I applied for pr as a refugee in March of 2021, I got my wait bar on 60% and my medical exam was passed last week according to my account. Eligibility and background remain not done and my estimated date of completion is Feb 2023, what should I expect next from your experience with respect to waiting times?
Thanks and good luck to you all.

Reactions: Babaac

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I applied for pr as a refugee in March of 2021, I got my wait bar on 60% and my medical exam was passed last week according to my account. Eligibility and background remain not done and my estimated date of completion is Feb 2023, what should I expect next from your experience with respect to waiting times?
Same here except that I got elegibility accepted and pre arival letter. I think for us we are waiting for criminal record and I assume portal invitation is next.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Not to worry, you will soon get eligibility and pre-arrival. Once this is cleared up, next will be portal invitation. Good luck.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I still haven't got anything else.and,do I need to do biometrics again?I had biometrics when I arrived in Canada. But when I check now, it has expired.
Not necessarily. You can only do biometrics if you’re asked to do so by IRCC. Most times, they won’t ask you to do biometrics because the one you did previously is safely in their database and stays there for up to ten years. Just follow up heir instructions and you will be okay. If they ask for biometrics, it’s easy to give them that as you will be directed on what to do. Good luck.

Reactions: Sword_fish

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
You’re in your house and IRCC is working on your application.

You have to check the eCAS-Client Application Status to know if the processing of your application has started. If it has, you may have to try linking your application to your GCKey account to enable you monitor progress and respond to their requests if any. I hope you added your wife and overseas dependents in your application. It’s a long journey but I hope yours will be short.

Wishing you all the best.
Got Official AOR 3 days ago . Inquiry on Automated message said they are chqing background and no documents required , no medical required . Whats next Bro ?

Malikadi007

Sep 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have applied for PR in March 2021 after being accepted as a protected person.
When checking my application status it says "Medical results have been received"... I guess they are referring to the medical exam results I did in 2020 when I applied for refugee status.

However, yesterday I got a message requesting a new medical exam. Is that normal? Because I thought the refugee medical exam is valid even for the pr application.

Background and eligibility are still being processed, my bar shows 57%. 10 months is the estimated remaining time according to the application status.
Hi - How did you linked your PR application and where to link the PR application?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi - How did you linked your PR application and where to link the PR application?
Create an account (GCKey account) and when you sign in to the account, you’ll see the option to link your application to the account using details you already know like UCI Number, your family name, date of birth etc. Try it and you may be lucky. I am not that lucky but many here are. All the best.

Last edited:

Joseph007

Apr 26, 2018
I submitted Online PR application on Sep 2021 , after that Just only got a status change mail but nothing changed on my application status in PR portal. So i called IRCC on their automation phone system +18882422100 and followed the instruction .
Here is my application status:

" If we needed more information from you or a Final decision has been made , we will contact you .

we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement .

We do not need additional documents .

you do not medical examination .

you do not need an interview.

you do not need your fingerprint .

We are processing your Background Check "

I have overseas wife & dependents.

Can any body explain where i am now ?
Same situation with me my application since 2020 and IRCC doesn’t care about us and No right for us . Canada sucks

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Same situation with me my application since 2020 and IRCC doesn’t care about us and No right for us . Canada sucks
did you order GCMS notes?

InSearchOfHappiness

May 21, 2022
Hi:
Update:
My timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 16, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on November 9, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 8, 2022
  5. Eligibility passed, June 2, 2022
  6. Medical request, June 2, 2022

Reactions: sohaib1 and Hws24

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi:
Update:
My timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 16, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on November 9, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 8, 2022
  5. Eligibility passed, June 2, 2022
  6. Medical request, June 2, 2022
Congratulations! Your journey is approaching its end. I believe that once you do and pass your medical, portal request for photos and address confirmation would be next. Kudos.

Reactions: sohaib1