PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hi everyone,
can anyone please let me know what are usually the steps of processing PR for dependent outside Canada, I do not mean how long it will take but just to know what step to expect next:
I am with my children in Canada-Protected persons: husband outside Canada
applied for PR with husband as dependent as I am main applicant
he received a letter to provide documents (background check, general information, proof of relationship,...) for his PR application and was provided a UCI #
our application (children and I) is still on submitted status
what is the expected next step for my husband outside Canada, please?
will appreciate any response our family have been separated for 4 years
Thank you
If your husband is in the pilot program then both applications will be processed together. If not, what happens usually is the main applicant in Canada gets PR first then file moves to local office for the dependents. Are you in a pilot program? looks like you are

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Anyone receive any call from IRCC directly regarding your PR application? If yes, then please share why did your case officer call you?

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Oh yes your application should have been finished by now. Did you ask them it is way beyond processing time. Did you order GCMS notes?
hi i request by gcms notes in feb till now no news they say they are processing my file i contact to my local MP they can help me with this

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
sir i done everything monday april 4 2022
give it time if you just uploaded this week... 1-2 months more and do the follow up. Normally, if you get everything done, and filled properly, nothing is missing then it reduces chances of processing delay. I guess you were missing schedule A or Personal Details on the Schedule A are not matching/or there are gaps...

zardari.1

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
give it time if you just uploaded this week... 1-2 months more and do the follow up. Normally, if you get everything done, and filled properly, nothing is missing then it reduces chances of processing delay. I guess you were missing schedule A or Personal Details on the Schedule A are not matching/or there are gaps...
they asking me 2018 to present as well rest of them everything fine

zardari.1

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
2018 to present information required i already provided canada all address where use to live

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
How many days it will take to get eligibility pass after getting pre-arrival letter? One of my friends, get his pre-arrival letter today

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
How many days it will take to get eligibility pass after getting pre-arrival letter? One of my friends, get his pre-arrival letter today
I do not know how many days but I received pre arrival letter too on Match 4, since then no news
I think it depends on screening process of applicant. When I called , robot answer that I am in background check , and if I meet an eligibility. Btw still cannot link my application

SandoxG

Mar 14, 2022
You are not unlucky as still people applied claim in 2017 and accepted did not get pre-arrival letter yet.
I have never seen this kind of application who applied claim in 2017 still no update. Our country has been selected for the fast-tracking process long time ago.

I know lots of people who applied claims and got their PR CARD in 12-24 Months in my community.

I think I'm the only person in my community who does not still become a permanent resident.

What I don't understand is lots of people become permanent residents 8-12 months after applying why mine is still no update? Did I do something wrong when I filled out the documents?

Last edited: