+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You are one of the lucky ones. Applied refugee claim August 2017 and just got my hearing decision March 2022. I am grateful I m a protected person n allowed to remain in Canada. That’s the justice we all seek. Every other things will come with time. Be grateful.
This is powerful. God bless you

Reactions: Ezekieljane

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
You are one of the lucky ones. Applied refugee claim August 2017 and just got my hearing decision March 2022. I am grateful I m a protected person n allowed to remain in Canada. That’s the justice we all seek. Every other things will come with time. Be grateful.
Your heart is full of gratitude Jane. Some people have a wrong sense of entitlement. Thank you for what you are.

Reactions: Ezekieljane

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I
anybody can help me i just received email
request letter ask me to submit CV/RESUME , AND IMM5669
As well 18 to till all jobs details .. Highly appreciated if someone tell me what is this its a good sign or normal inquiry for protected person :)
It’s not a bad sign. It, at least, shows that your file is being worked on. The request could be because of your fault in not completing forms appropriately. If you leave any gap in the form, you’ll be asked to fill it again and close the gap. Again, if the information you’re giving is materially different from what you filled originally (while filing for refugee), you will be asked to fill it again for a reconciliation.

Reactions: zardari.1

zardari.1

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
I

It’s not a bad sign. It, at least, shows that your file is being worked on. The request could be because of your fault in not completing forms appropriately. If you leave any gap in the form, you’ll be asked to fill it again and close the gap. Again, if the information you’re giving is materially different from what you filled originally (while filing for refugee), you will be asked to fill it again for a reconciliation.
Thank you
Oh new information after accepting claim and accepted refugee to protected person detail they required they mention on letter (2019
to present ) same like that

thank you highly appreciated

Pr22@

Jan 5, 2022
Guys anyone know how to get back passport they sized from CBSA? One of my friend wants to get his passport.

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
hi sohaib i have question about my application i send webform on feb 2022 and today i recive email that they have all documents of my application have been recived by reposnsible office
what you think how long they finsihed my application i applied on june 2019 its supposed to finished by 2021 may

Reactions: mikeYYC

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Guys anyone know how to get back passport they sized from CBSA? One of my friend wants to get his passport.
I assume it's in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and individual already got the PR, if yes, then contact CBSA office which is located on airport road (6900 airport road) they can tell you passport current location or what will be the next step, if that passport is not with them.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi everyone,
can anyone please let me know what are usually the steps of processing PR for dependent outside Canada, I do not mean how long it will take but just to know what step to expect next:
I am with my children in Canada-Protected persons: husband outside Canada
applied for PR with husband as dependent as I am main applicant
he received a letter to provide documents (background check, general information, proof of relationship,...) for his PR application and was provided a UCI #
our application (children and I) is still on submitted status
what is the expected next step for my husband outside Canada, please?
will appreciate any response our family have been separated for 4 years
Thank you

Shrtdrkgrl

Apr 7, 2022
Does anyone have any experience with the Hamilton Office. My application for PR has been at their office for a while now after being transferred from the Windsor office. It’s been radio silent even the progress bar has been 100% and it keeps saying it’s at the final stage since last year May. Yet it keeps getting transferred. Any help pls who do I contact, what can I do? I’m stressed.

Shrtdrkgrl

Apr 7, 2022
Hey Guys, its been almost 30 months since I applied for PR , No decision has been made yet, is there anyone else in the same situation?
Yes. Mine just got transferred to the Hamilton office from the Windsor office but no details yet and I don’t know how to contact the Hamilton office.

Joseph007

Apr 26, 2018
Do you lived in a country other than your home country before? Do you have any none mandatory military history? Do you have any goverment job before? Are you from a more concerned country? Seems like you stocked on bachground/security check.
if I lived in another country and I used to be military that means I will stock on the background check, so be honest in your application make you feel guilty.

my application 2020
pre-arrival sep2021

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Hello guys,
I missed a call from IRCC 1 hour ago. I applied for PR in April 2021 and my application started processing in November. After that no news from them. Do anyone has any idea that why the officer call me? She left a voicemail that she will call me back in 5mins but she didn’t call. I'm feeling very worried now

Last edited:

zardari.1

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
Hello guys,
I missed a call from IRCC 1 hour ago. I applied for PR in April 2021 and my application started processing in November. After that no news from them. Do anyone has any idea that why the officer call me? She left a voicemail that she will call me back in 5mins again but she didn’t call. I'm feeling very worried now
know you forgot it they will call you in next 2months

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
hi sohaib i have question about my application i send webform on feb 2022 and today i recive email that they have all documents of my application have been recived by reposnsible office
what you think how long they finsihed my application i applied on june 2019 its supposed to finished by 2021 may
Oh yes your application should have been finished by now. Did you ask them it is way beyond processing time. Did you order GCMS notes?