+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I applied on online portal for Permanent residency in 2021 October. It shows same thing submitted. Is there anyway I can check my application status?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
It doesnt show here also. I have my Application no start with G but no update.
Use your UCI number, family/surname, date of birth and country of birth to search. If you have an application number starting with G, your status will definitely show.

If you choose your application number instead of UCI, ensure you start with the G while inputting the number.

Last edited:

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Use your UCI number, family/surname, date of birth and country of birth to search. If you have an application number starting with G, your status will definitely show.

If you choose your application number instead of UCI, ensure you start with the G while inputting the number.
It shows this.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

But I received medical request today in email.

meran

Apr 12, 2023
We received your application for permanent residence on December 31, 2021.
We started processing your application on August 29, 2022.

Hello guys this is my process and I don't know how many more years should i wait as i find out my timeline is 25 months and now its about 16 months i applied for PR as a refugee . I'm living in turkey and i still waiting for an interview
Any guess when will i get my interview?

Last edited:

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi All, I got my COPR today, I applied in sept 2021 and it took almost 1 yr and 6 months to get COPR...
Congratulations!
We received your application for permanent residence on December 31, 2021.
We started processing your application on August 29, 2022.

Hello guys this is my process and I don't know how many more years should i wait as i find out my timeline is 25 months and now its about 16 months i applied for PR as a refugee . I'm living in turkey and i still waiting for an interview
Any guess when will i get my interview?
I didn’t understand that part where you say you’re living in Turkey… do you mean you’re from Turkey? Anyways, if you’re a refugee and waiting for PR there’s no interview. Unfortunately, like most of us you have to wait, no idea how long exactly as most of us still waiting.

IcloudUser1985

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hi All, I got my COPR today, I applied in sept 2021 and it took almost 1 yr and 6 months to get COPR...
Thats amazing Congrats!!

I also have the same timeline Sept 12th 2021 and stuck at background check.. what date of september u applied just curious also how long did ur background check take? will appreciate the answer

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
hi everyone,
I would like to share good news that I have finally received my PR card last week. I applied asylum in 2019. Got approved in 2021 and applied for PR card in Aug 2021.
I didnt have to redo medical. They sent me pre arrival in OCT 2022, COPR in Feb 2023 and PR card in March 2023.
Wishing all the best to all who are waiting for PR cards.

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
hi everyone,
I would like to share good news that I have finally received my PR card last week. I applied asylum in 2019. Got approved in 2021 and applied for PR card in Aug 2021.
I didnt have to redo medical. They sent me pre arrival in OCT 2022, COPR in Feb 2023 and PR card in March 2023.
Wishing all the best to all who are waiting for PR cards.
hi there. happy for you! when did they start the application or when did u get your G number ? thanks

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I just called the cic about my application and they told me everything looks fine in their end. My medical is passed which it was the thing I was worried about as it doesn’t shows that on my account.

Malikadi007

Sep 8, 2021
Thats amazing Congrats!!

I also have the same timeline Sept 12th 2021 and stuck at background check.. what date of september u applied just curious also how long did ur background check take? will appreciate the answer
Hi - I applied on 29 sept 2021, got our pre-apprival in 7th Dec 2022 and then got our COPR 12 April 2023...