+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Guys anyone knows if RTD applications are going through these days.. I have read on internet and called IRCC thrice but they refused.. one of my friends has already sent a normal application to get RTD
i sent the RTD application more than two months ago along with the old RTD, NOTHING FROM THAT TIME

Reactions: Mano1110786

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Guys anyone knows if RTD applications are going through these days.. I have read on internet and called IRCC thrice but they refused.. one of my friends has already sent a normal application to get RTD
According to official web site; processing of Travel documents for non-Canadian adults and children (Which includes RTD) has been suspended indefinitely. If you have sent your application they will start processing when operation resumes normal.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport.html#travel-document

Reactions: Rose@watan

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
I just called IRCC and after a long wait I was able to talk to an agent... after verification again on hold for more than 5 minutes!
Then she came back and said it is still in process and only one office is associated with processing and hopefully will come to finalizing before the 22 months, still B ckeck is ongoing and bla bla ...
:confused::(:confused::(

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I just called IRCC and after a long wait I was able to talk to an agent... after verification again on hold for more than 5 minutes!
Then she came back and said it is still in process and only one office is associated with processing and hopefully will come to finalizing before the 22 months, still B ckeck is ongoing and bla bla ...
:confused::(:confused::(
WE ARE ALL SUFFERING FROM THIS BLA BLA, BUT WE ARE TRYING TO BE MORE PATIENT

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
This situation is crazy even for us vulnerable people who are waiting a long time and waiting indetermination period is not a good time at all, I fill inside all of you guys deeply because I am one of you.
its two different case scenarios between waiting for indetermination and being patient.
Most the people here who receiving their decisions they are all Urgent applicants, now with Coronavirus pandemic situation they have a better excuse which that for sure will become another fact for them to tell us to wait more and more they will make it longer and longer and put us on hold between the middle of nowhere.

If because of COVID life was on hold for some people 3-4 month for us life was on hold 2-3-4 years until now
we should think about this deeply finding a solution instead of calling them 10 times a week and listening to Blah Blah things as always

Last edited:

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
It would best this come from @JANET121 but I could not hold myself:

According to earlier messages; @JANET121 applied June 2018. It took 30 months for IRCC to filise the PR application.
Really 30 months is long time. she waited that long. Congrats anyway for the wait to be ended at last.

Reactions: Jalalcananda