Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Just got this email today: July 2019 applicant

If you are a representative, please let your clients know about this important information.

Exemption from Having to Complete an Additional Immigration Medical Exam
Dear client (UCI: XXXXXXXXX),

This refers to the permanent resident application GXXXXXXX you submitted on July 4, 2019.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has put in place a temporary public policythat exempts some low-risk, in-Canada foreign nationals from having to complete an additional immigration medical exam as part of their application for permanent residence or for a permanent resident visa.

Under this temporary public policy, it has been determined that you are no longer required to complete an Immigration Medical Exam (IME).
IRCC will continue processing your application with the previously provided medical exam results. No further action is required on your part at this time.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: lantu68 and PrinceH

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016

If you are a representative, please let your clients know about this important information.

This refers to the permanent resident application GXXXXXXX you submitted on July 4, 2019.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has put in place a temporary public policythat exempts some low-risk, in-Canada foreign nationals from having to complete an additional immigration medical exam as part of their application for permanent residence or for a permanent resident visa.

IRCC will continue processing your application with the previously provided medical exam results. No further action is required on your part at this time.

Sincerely,
Instead of wasting their time sending unimportant emails like this one they should have spent time on processing files and speed things up. What is the point of sending this email while all applicants have their medical passed? I have no words to describe how bad their system is. They should spend time on approving photos and addresses instead of asking employees to waste their time on such a thing. I am done with them!

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Hi guys,

I do believe that I am the only person in Canada who applied in 2017 and is still waiting. Is there anyone out there in the same situation?

Applied - December 7, 2017
Application Status set to processing: April 24, 2018
Medicals Passed: September 27, 2018
File Transferred to Etobicoke: March 2019
Medical Exemption Email: July 15, 2021
Application Status set to received: July 15, 2021
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat! Have you contacted your MP or anyone?

Reactions: PrinceH

just do it later

Dec 27, 2019

Sincerely,
I got same email today

Dlastdon

Apr 8, 2021
Hello everyone,

I just received an email from IRCC about " Exemption from having to Complete an Additional Immigration Medical Examination", that my application will be processed with the previously provided medical examination results.

Did anyone receive this too?

Thanks
O yeah,I got it too,it's a good thing to know.

kay-lee

Apr 8, 2021
Hi guys,

I do believe that I am the only person in Canada who applied in 2017 and is still waiting. Is there anyone out there in the same situation?

Applied - December 7, 2017
Application Status set to processing: April 24, 2018
Medicals Passed: September 27, 2018
File Transferred to Etobicoke: March 2019
Medical Exemption Email: July 15, 2021
Application Status set to received: July 15, 2021
wow, since 2017 December, This is damn annoying. but why the long wait for approval...

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Those who already sent their photos through the portal.

The website says:

Once we review and accept the photo you submit, it will show this in the portal and you should get your PR card within one week. We’ll send it to the mailing address in Canada you gave us.

I wonder if anyone has got their PR card within one week. I never trust the info published on the website.

Reactions: PrinceH