Language of records:

Type of Records: Immigration/Citizenship Records

Requesting information for:

Surname (Family Name):

Given Name(s) (First Name):

Date of Birth:

Client ID Number UCI Number

What type of record would you like to request?: Permanent Residence

Which specific information are you looking for?: Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes

File Number(s): Application Number

I would assume you know the rest of the information.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
IRCC works with limited resources ok. but if IRCC do background check, they request details from other bodies (eg CBSA. RCMP, other government organization, global organisation etc...) no one can tell those organization working or not, and we don't even know which bodies are involved in our cases.
yes...we don't have any information about how they react of our applications.as all people know we are at the bottom list of their priority...this is not fair
as a human being i have my rights to be treated with equality ..with other people in canada
so... i think court is the only way to change the current situation

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Bro can u share with me how to apply GCMS ?? Bcoz they asked client I’d number ??
Your Client ID (also called UCI) consists of four numbers, a hyphen (-) and four more numbers (example ####-####) or two numbers, a hyphen (-), four numbers, a hyphen (-) and four more numbers (example ##-####-####). It's not a mandatory piece of information for obtaining the GCMS notes. File number (also called application number) is a required field

Reactions: Marsali

Faghafar

Feb 19, 2020
When you actually applied. and when you got this email that they started on 18th December 2019. Can you please highlight your timeline please.
Actually i applied on Aug 2019, received the letter on Dec 2019 that they started, and after that no update. I dont know when i can get an update?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually i applied on Aug 2019, received the letter on Dec 2019 that they started, and after that no update. I dont know when i can get an update?
You can ordet CAIPS but processing times are around 20 months. You don't hear much during that time. There are no regular updates. There has also been reduced processing during covid lockdowns. Would recommend if you decide to order CAIPS until next Fall to give CIC some time to do some processing. You have basicallt had around 3 months of processing before covid really slowed things down.

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I’m

hi there !!! As I told u I got my last GCSM notes on 4 May 2020 and then I requested again on 1st June 2020 now I got email saying this plz have a look and what does it mean ??? (
( This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on June 1, 2020, for the following records:

the application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the permanent residence file concerning ALI.

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Privacy Act, an extension of 30 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on July 31, 2020 )
Only meaning they need 60 days to send you GCMS instead of 30 days

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
My PR application was received on Dec 2018. However, I recently requested ATIP for info report.

Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: In process
Infor sharing: complete

Paper file
Office: CPc Mississauga

Do anyone know, what all these info means on my file?

Thanks
What you have here is normal.. Just the security.. Normally it must be in progress.. So please review your GaCMS again... Also Criminality they write in Progress not in process.. So I think you need to review your GCMS again

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I’m

hi there !!! As I told u I got my last GCSM notes on 4 May 2020 and then I requested again on 1st June 2020 now I got email saying this plz have a look and what does it mean ??? (
( This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on June 1, 2020, for the following records:

the application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the permanent residence file concerning ALI.

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Privacy Act, an extension of 30 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

They just need 30 more days to process the request, that is normal.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Do you have any outside dependent ? If u have all members will get PR almost same time
This is scary when I see that people from 2017,2018 and 2019 are still waiting we that started 2020 should just forget about PR for years to come. I have my family in USA which I need to move them over here but with the way things is i don't even know when it will be possible.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I’m

FYI, the request was for "the application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC" this will only provide you with copies of documents submitted along with your visa application. You will not receive the GCMS notes unless you mentioned that you wanted the "Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes" as well.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I’m

Are ware indeed you did not ask for GCMS notes? You asked for a copy of all documents and forms you submitted to IRCC. It is a huge PDF file of all scanned documents. I think that is why it needs a longer time to be processed.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
U mean I got mistake ?? But they mention above that for PR file
Depends on what you are looking for; if you want to see the "notes" ( see sample at https://sample.gcmsnotes.com) then the current request will not provide you with that information. You can either submit a new request and choose the option that says "Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes" or simply contact IRCC via email and request them to amend your request.

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019
ALHUMDULILLAH ALL PRAISE TO ALLAH I HAVE RECEIVED COPR TODAY JUNE 3RD 2020 FINALLY! Me and my family are now permanent residents!!!!! It was a lonnnnnnng wait of 29.5 months total waiting for PR. This journey has been extremely tough and extremely hard for me and my family but in the end patience is key. I thank you all for the prayers and support you all gave me throughout and taught me so much as well! I hope you all get your PR soon too.
Below is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 16, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 19, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on June 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (some form that was filled wrong)
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 5, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on November 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.(pcc request)
  7. We sent you correspondence on April 5, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (fill new form cus my bro turned 18)
  8. We sent you correspondence on July 5, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (send 1 pcc again because they never received old we sent pcc)
  9. JUNE 03 2020 CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE.
Thank you and if anyone knows how to request old passports from them please tell me also if we can ask for urgent pr card processing. Thank you

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
ALHUMDULILLAH ALL PRAISE TO ALLAH I HAVE RECEIVED COPR TODAY JUNE 3RD 2020 FINALLY! Me and my family are now permanent residents!!!!! It was a lonnnnnnng wait of 29.5 months total waiting for PR. This journey has been extremely tough and extremely hard for me and my family but in the end patience is key. I thank you all for the prayers and support you all gave me throughout and taught me so much as well! I hope you all get your PR soon too.
Below is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 16, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 19, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on June 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (some form that was filled wrong)
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 5, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on November 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.(pcc request)
  7. We sent you correspondence on April 5, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (fill new form cus my bro turned 18)
  8. We sent you correspondence on July 5, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (send 1 pcc again because they never received old we sent pcc)
  9. JUNE 03 2020 CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE.
Thank you and if anyone knows how to request old passports from them please tell me also if we can ask for urgent pr card processing. Thank you
ALHUMDULILLAH ALL PRAISE TO ALLAH are the only words I would like to say for this news ...

:):):):):):):):):):)