+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Wat is ur timeline ?
Mine doesn’t accept link on gckey but i was asked biometrics and already did plus principal applicant submitted both our police reports as requested.so am just waiting for medical instruction letter…i contacted ircc through webform but they say they are processing our applications so we should wait right now they dont need anything from us.

Luckyppl

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Mine doesn’t accept link on gckey but i was asked biometrics and already did plus principal applicant submitted both our police reports as requested.so am just waiting for medical instruction letter…i contacted ircc through webform but they say they are processing our applications so we should wait right now they dont need anything from us.
When did u apply ?

Aaron61990

Nov 10, 2020
Hello fellow applicants,

in March 27, 2021:I passed the medical exam.

in March 30, 2021: Eligibility Passed

in April 07, 2021 I received a message from IRCC stating the following:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:
> CV/Resume: A document containing a description of your education, qualifications, and experience. Please describe, in detail, your roles and responsibilities for each unique employment.

I sent my Resume and documents 20 days ago ,no answer until now , Does anybody know How long will it take to i get The DCM
Hey mate,

Can you please give your exact timeline? Like when you applied and etc... ?

Thank you,

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
Hey,

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected
Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all
remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These
requirements include medical, security, and background checks for you and, if applicable, your
family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family
members have met these requirements.
The overseas office in DAR ES SALAAM is responsible for processing the applications for
permanent residence of your family members outside Canada.

After receiving this letter, I would like to ask if there is someone here who can guide me on how I can send the required documents to the DAR ES SALAAM office. Thank you for your time.

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
When did u apply ?
Applied july,acknowledged August 12..2019…and both started processing..I received request for biometrics payments feb..did my biometrics ..march 2021 as Principal applicant received request for additional documents including police reports for both sides .

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hey,

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected
Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all
requirements include medical, security, and background checks for you and, if applicable, your
family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family
The overseas office in DAR ES SALAAM is responsible for processing the applications for

After receiving this letter, I would like to ask if there is someone here who can guide me on how I can send the required documents to the DAR ES SALAAM office. Thank you for your time.
When did you apply?

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hey,

Persons class.

@Muiz9, congratulations on getting your Eligibility AIP.I also received mine on Friday.
However, there was no mention of the office responsible for my dependants application abroad. I included them in my application and also paid all fees. Can anyone please give me any insight on this and estimated time frame before DM/Copr?
Thank you

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
@Muiz9, congratulations on getting your Eligibility AIP.I also received mine on Friday.
However, there was no mention of the office responsible for my dependants application abroad. I included them in my application and also paid all fees. Can anyone please give me any insight on this and estimated time frame before DM/Copr?
Thank you
I got two letters on Thursday, one with dependents included and one just my name. It is weired, is not it? Nobody can tell you anything about the timeline. Every case is different.

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
Did you put all family members in dar es salaam and paid for all of them who are coming with you to canada?
No, I didn't. I included them in my application and also paid all fees as well. The letter I received requested me to complete the required application forms for all listed dependants and send them to the visa office in DAR ES SALAAM. A problem I have I don't know how to send them online.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
No, I didn't. I included them in my application and also paid all fees as well. The letter I received requested me to complete the required application forms for all listed dependants and send them to the visa office in DAR ES SALAAM. A problem I have I don't know how to send them online.
You need to mail the originals to the VO in dar es salam.

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
اللهم لك الحمد كما ينبغي لعظيم وجهك وجلال سلطانك
Finally got my approval letter
May 2019 applicant
AIP dec 2020
Medical passed dec 2020
Resume requested Feb 2021
Ghost update
Yesterday DM, March 2021

I hope good news soon for people who is waiting...
Hey,
Wonder if you got your COPR yet.

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi

Mine timeline exact same to you:
received application 12 feb 2020,
Medical received
Correspondence for on dependant fingerprints month ago
Dependents are here in canada
Hey,
How has it been? Any development so far? Everything has been really quiet on this side.