+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Anyone who resubmied their IMM 5669 and Travel history again and they got DM?
How many days it took them to send DM? And does the DM has to do any thing with your dependents application?
I mean do they give DM to the principal applicant after he or she submit their dependents applications?

Cona

Jan 14, 2021
How many days it took them to send DM? And does the DM has to do any thing with your dependents application?
I mean do they give DM to the principal applicant after he or she submit their dependents applications?
I submitted my CV and history and ryt after two months I got DM

Reactions: Altamsh

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
For me, I applied to renewal my WP at the beginning of October 2020, received it at the end of December. I applied immediately to extend my SN online, and I received the extension letter in mid-January 2021.
Can you please guide me how can i extend my SIN? I have received my renewed work permit but my SIN has expired since December 2020.

Reactions: Fadros

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I have just checked my GCKey Portal and there was an update that my medical results have passed.

My timeline is as below:
  • 5 September 2019 - Applied for PR
  • 13 December 2019 - Received AOR
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 8 September 2020 - Gave finger prints for RCMP PCC
  • 6 October 2020 - Mailed PCC from UK as I have lived there in the past
  • 16 December 2020 - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2020 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum.
  • Estimated completion date is 5 September 2021 (Changed from 5 May 2021)

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Can you plz share how long does it took for the person you know to get PR after submitting the resume? Also in what stage (timeline) they asked him to submit resume? Today i got the same message from IRCC to submit resume of mine and spouse as well. I'm Feb 2019 applicant inland.
how about you?
have you received any updates after submitting your CV?

Thanks

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for your response brother.
I uploaded my resume on my CIC account on 23rd Oct. My qualification is MBA. This could be something to do with the extra security screening of those with higher education. This could be the last stage of processing. I might be incorrect.
Lets hope for the expedited completion of this rigorous security clearance.
All the best.
Have you received any updates after submitting your CV?

thanks

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 26, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 20, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 16, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (PCC)
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on November 3, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.( resume )
May I know if you have received any updates after submitting your CV/Resume?

thanks

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Anyone got any feedback after submitting the Resume? It's been a month after submission but no feedback (though they received). Eligibility, Criminality & Medical passed Oct end, pending background!!!. Feb 2019 applicant.
May I know if you have received any updates after submitting your CV/Resume?

thanks

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
If your dependents live outside canada then once you get your DM IRCC will transfer your dependents application to responsible visa office according to thier address - but the DM will be same for principal and dependents.

Reactions: Homelonely