+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
If anyone can help with the whole request process or how to do this under these circumstances with no in-person appointments at all
There is LOTS of confusion regarding this issue. The only way is to call them or send them a web form to see what's the right procedure now. I sent a web form and still waiting for reply.

Aasia

May 10, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I got a letter on 3rd January to submit my resume after that no update, May 2019 Applicant. Anybody else who got the same request and what will be its purpose as my lawyer told me before that CIC never ask for resume for PR application

Aasia

May 10, 2020
Hi All, Today IRCC requested me to submit a CV/Resume, A document containing a description of education, qualifications, and experience, in details of roles and responsibilities for each unique employment,
my questions: is there any form to do that, or just uploading my up-to-date resume as is? is that normal?

Note: received the eligibility letter 2 days ago. Applicant June 2019,
Hi on January 3rd i submitted my resume but after that no update...did you get any update??? I am May 2019 applicant

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello Everyone! I am a July 2019 applicant and I just received my letter of approval. My letter says: "The IRCC office in ETOBICOKE will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application. IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment" Do you know how long does it take for them to send me the appointment information. I also heard that due to COVID they are not having personal appointments, is this information real? I would appreciate any information on what is coming next.

Thank you!

Vmp11

Jan 26, 2021
There is LOTS of confusion regarding this issue. The only way is to call them or send them a web form to see what's the right procedure now. I sent a web form and still waiting for reply.
So we are on same boat. If they answered or contacted you just keep us updated

Reactions: Fadros

Aasia

May 10, 2020
Am End of May applicant , any one with same month .???
My last update is Medical extended on Dec 11, also passed Eligibility Dec without letter.
hopefully get DM or Copr directly very sooooooooon..

hi I am same may end 2019 applicant did not attach my application with GC key . But on ECAS last update is for 3rd jan 2020 when they ask me for fingerprints. But strangely and in actual on Jan 4th they asked me to submit my resume after that no update. Below is the update about my case

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 23, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on October 7, 2019.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 4, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Hello Everyone! I am a July 2019 applicant and I just received my letter of approval. My letter says: "The IRCC office in ETOBICOKE will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application. IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment" Do you know how long does it take for them to send me the appointment information. I also heard that due to COVID they are not having personal appointments, is this information real? I would appreciate any information on what is coming next.

Thank you!
I received the same letter on jan 5th.
for my case, they didn't make any appointment. They just waited until yesterday and finalized the application and then they sent me a copy of the Copr letter by end of today. Not sure if you will have the same steps. Hopefully, you will get your Copr faster.

Reactions: Fadros and Fpas

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I got a letter on 3rd January to submit my resume after that no update, May 2019 Applicant. Anybody else who got the same request and what will be its purpose as my lawyer told me before that CIC never ask for resume for PR application
I submitted my resume on 9th December 2020 and no any updates.its normal IRCC are asking resume only from highly educated and they are verifing the job description of each employment its mean our security has been started and all others has been completed. Please wait because this is last step and soon we will recive good news

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I received the same letter on jan 5th.
for my case, they didn't make any appointment. They just waited until yesterday and finalized the application and then they sent me a copy of the Copr letter by end of today. Not sure if you will have the same steps. Hopefully, you will get your Copr faster.
Thank you for your response!

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
It's one week from the time they ' approve ' the photo. What they didn't mention is that approving the photo may take the same old 4 months regular mail application loooooooool. In my mother's case, her photo has been in review for 40 days now. I don't know what's complicated about a pic. Weird and illogical system.
Did you mean approving the photo may take 4months? After that, when will the PR card be issued? This doesn't make any sense considering present global health crisis.

Rafffff

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
I mailed in my photo today along with my CoPR to process the card. Does anyone know roughly how long it will take to receive the card?

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
hi I am same may end 2019 applicant did not attach my application with GC key . But on ECAS last update is for 3rd jan 2020 when they ask me for fingerprints. But strangely and in actual on Jan 4th they asked me to submit my resume after that no update. Below is the update about my case

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 23, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on October 7, 2019.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 4, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I am May 29 th 2019 received AIP 12 dec 2020 after that no news for my PR and no acknowledgement rcd from VO Singapore about overseas dependents application . GCKey time line 100% and projected date 29th January 2021