+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
They definitely don’t have the authority to accelerate the process. All they’re able to do is enquire about the application and of course they will have more insight than us contacting IRCC. At least you will hear something other than “because of Covid blah blah blah” •_•
Makes sense thank you for clarification

Reactions: Ryan4

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Can MP accelerate the process or they haven't authority ! What's the purpose from that if we are able to reach IRCC directly ?!
I don't think he can do anything, believe me, or not I sent a letter to Justin Trudeau in early 2020 before COVID and his office replied to me that he can do nothing with my application but in a gentle way. the only thing I was happy about that I got the PM official envelope :)

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Do we have a forum for PR card? And how do we receive back our initial seized documents when we applied for PR we had to submit our national ID Documents etc. How can we get those back now? Thanks and good luck everyone!

hamo9ody

Mar 4, 2019
This is my time line
We received your application for permanent residence on May 6, 2019.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 7, 2019.

We started processing your application on September 6, 2019.

We sent you correspondence on February 6, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you correspondence on January 7, 2021 about the decision on your application.

How long will it take to get COPR

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
This is my time line
We received your application for permanent residence on May 6, 2019.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 7, 2019.

We started processing your application on September 6, 2019.

We sent you correspondence on February 6, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you correspondence on January 7, 2021 about the decision on your application.

How long will it take to get COPR
First of all, congratulations. The COPR thing has been inconsistent, you can check 400 pages on this forum but I'll summarize it all for you here. People get COPR from few days after DM to maybe 2-3 months. The average I see here is 1-2 months. Most of the people I know here who got COPR got it after around 45 days more or less. some people got it in a week, others are still waiting over 2 months now. I would say maximum 3 months. That's just my thorough observation though and not an official estimate.
There are many ways you get your COPR. IT depends on your office and some random luck. These ways are as follow:

1. E-portal ( They send you credentials for another account other than your normal GC KEY account and they upload it to you there.
2. Phone call to verify some information then they send it to you via mail OR email OR GC Key
3. Email ( without a phone call )
4. Mail ( Without a phone call )
5. It will just appear on your GC Key ( Without phone call )

TODAY I LITERALLY SAW PEOPLE GETTING COPRS THESE 5 WAYS LOOOOL :D :D :D :D :D

Before Covid it used to be very simple and quick, an appointment. Now its this cocktail up there. best of luck @hamo9ody