+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Still I dont underestand that point, they screen all of us before hearing and if one does not pass they wont forward his/her file to IRB. So what is this security again while you have passed before your hearing was set!?
yes you are right. these process should be open structure, then applicant can well understand processing time and expect DM on right time. now God only knows what they are doing.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I applied in May 2019 and IRCC requested PCC in Feb 2020. I have submitted my RCMP and FBI certificates late Feb and yet the application status online still says “Action Required”. Does this mean they haven’t received the reports or they usually don’t update it on the website?
Hi.

2019, September I also was asked to provide some documents. I sent them by mail and email as well. Later I recieved email that they got my mail and forwarded to the responsible office.
Still I also read that my Action Need.
Did you tried to call them? I am planing to call and ask about it.

IRCC asked you to provide PCC, did you stayed another country more than 6 months?
Cause I am not asked to provide.

maedow

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi all. Do you need a study permit if you want to go to college for a three year course and are you eligible for OSAP as a protected person?

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
since yesteday my bartime is 100% complet! this what is written
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

Now am sure am in those 20% of complex applications

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
since yesteday my bartime is 100% complet! this what is written
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

Now am sure am in those 20% of complex applications
The bar is set for normal pre covid processing times. The fact that covid has delayed processing times is likely what is delaying your application not being one of the 20%. The progress bar is just an estimate. It is a helpful visual aid for estimates of your processing time but is not exact.

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
The bar is set for normal pre covid processing times. The fact that covid has delayed processing times is likely what is delaying your application not being one of the 20%. The progress bar is just an estimate. It is a helpful visual aid for estimates of your processing time but is not exact.
I am of the opinion that there is a disconnect between the progress bar and actual progress of officers on applications. The bar is based on an algorithm that calculates gradual percentage from the date of application received to estimated completion date based on the submission date e.g. for some maybe 18 months or 20 months at the time of submission. Moreover, officers don’t update the progress bar based on their input. They deemed it unnecessary, perhaps.