+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Bestforme

Jun 24, 2020
I got a mail for my child who was born in America that l should submit a photocopy of his valid passport.
"If you are not in possession of a valid passport or travel document, you should apply for one and send us a photocopy as soon as possible".

The passport is with the immigration already but its expired this year. do they want me to renew the American passport? pls has anyone been in this situation before. thank you.

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
You, @OCanada1867 @MIDO2023, @adbcca and I are in the same boat. Our security is process and usually it takes one month.
I don’t believe security screening takes one month.
I called Ircc November,03 the man said that I passed eligibility, criminality and medical but security is process.
and two days ago i have received letter from IRCC ask me to provide them Travel history, i think that’s mean travel history part of security screening, i sent it to IRCC same day , I don’t know how long time will take to finish my security screening it’s one month yet

• Sad
Reactions: MIDO2023

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
I don’t believe security screening takes one month.
I called Ircc November,03 the man said that I passed eligibility, criminality and medical but security is process.
and two days ago i have received letter from IRCC ask me to provide them Travel history, i think that’s mean travel history part of security screening, i sent it to IRCC same day , I don’t know how long time will take to finish my security screening it’s one month yet
Usually it takes 1-2 months

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hello everybody,

I hope y’all doing good and safe! I’m a February applicant and I couldn’t help but notice that most of the finalized applications are from March and April. So here goes my question, is there anybody from February who has not been finalized yet or is it just me and if so, could you please share your time line so we could all benefit and have a clearer idea of what’s going on.

Thank you and have a blessed weekend

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Hello everybody,

I hope y’all doing good and safe! I’m a February applicant and I couldn’t help but notice that most of the finalized applications are from March and April. So here goes my question, is there anybody from February who has not been finalized yet or is it just me and if so, could you please share your time line so we could all benefit and have a clearer idea of what’s going on.

Thank you and have a blessed weekend
I am February, 08 so don’t worry you have one In the same boat :)

Reactions: Ryan4

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I am February, 08 so don’t worry you have one In the same boat :)
Hello my dear long lost friend:)

what are the latest updates on your application?
Mine are:
Eligibility: we are reviewing whether...
medical: passed
Background check: we are processing....

And they only asked me to provide my BOC which is super weird..! No PCC or anything!

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Hello my dear long lost friend:)

what are the latest updates on your application?
Mine are:
Eligibility: we are reviewing whether...
medical: passed
Background check: we are processing....

And they only asked me to provide my BOC which is super weird..! No PCC or anything!
Hi bro , Eligibility: passed in October 31
Medical: passed in November 09
Two days ago asked me Travel history. I sent it same day
Then nothing
I don’t know what is BOC . Could you explain

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hi bro , Eligibility: passed in October 31
Medical: passed in November 09
Two days ago asked me Travel history. I sent it same day
Then nothing
I don’t know what is BOC . Could you explain
That’s really good, your application is actually moving forward. BOC: basis of claim from when you first apply for asylum. Aka your narrative or your story.

Also, if anybody had been asked to provde their BOC or knows someone who has been asked this please let me know.

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys
Hope everyone doing well ?
I called the immigration in the morning and the agent told me that I passed the eligibility from 1 week and suddenly today I’m 100% in my account it was 4 days left but it’s show 100% and still no update as eligibility and everything is the same

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi guys
Hope everyone doing well ?
I called the immigration in the morning and the agent told me that I passed the eligibility from 1 week and suddenly today I’m 100% in my account it was 4 days left but it’s show 100% and still no update as eligibility and everything is the same
Hi Weley, I hve the EXACT same situation as I am April 1 applicant too! I called yesterday my criminality is completed my medical has passed but security not even started and dont even know about eligibility.....sooo confusing

Reactions: saidur

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi Weley, I hve the EXACT same situation as I am April 1 applicant too! I called yesterday my criminality is completed my medical has passed but security not even started and dont even know about eligibility.....sooo confusing
Hi armaani
I’m very confusing too and even the agent not give a good answer the only answer I get it’s 24 months so it’s early to call us it was very tough call

Reactions: Armaani