+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi guys.
I miss you. I am checking the forum every other day to see your good news.
3 months since my PR although no PR card yet.
Soon is the new year. I hope you all get good news by the new year.
your friend Jalal
Hi Jalal,

do you know how can I get myhome country passport back? I really need it

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
NOW IN MY APLICATION ESTIMATED 13 NOV 2020
(We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.)
YOUR APPLICATION IS TAKING US THAN USUAL TO PROCESS
REVIEW OF ELEGABILTY HIGHLITED UNDERLINE ????
Same

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Can anyone please help me find how to get my passport back as I got my COPR? Anyone have been in the same situation before?

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
It depends on that office. You should go and see what will happen.
I have a question, after PR can we use our home country passport to travel any country other than home country ? And if my passport expires can I get new passport from home country embassy?

Amraneka

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
I have a question, after PR can we use our home country passport to travel any country other than home country ? And if my passport expires can I get new passport from home country embassy?
You can get new one but you can not use that in canada, it is illegal. You must get travel document for travel outside the canada.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
You can get new one but you can not use that in canada, it is illegal. You must get travel document for travel outside the canada.
Thanks . I have Travel documents but with it very hard to get visa for some country but if I use my home country passport I can easily get visa or travel . How it is if I surrender my travel documents and keep using home country passport with PR? Please explain details thank you once again

Amraneka

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Thanks . I have Travel documents but with it very hard to get visa for some country but if I use my home country passport I can easily get visa or travel . How it is if I surrender my travel documents and keep using home country passport with PR? Please explain details thank you once again
The only way to exit from canada is using travel document when you are refugee and have PR unless you become citizen and you get canadian passport.

Reactions: saidur