+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time Frame Open Work permit for Spouse during Spousal sponsorship within Canada

ccnnaik

Apr 11, 2017
Hi

Anybody has any idea on the time frame of receiving open work permit for spouse.

Spouse is in Canada.

Applied for Spousal sponsorship ( inLand ). Also applied for an open work permit in the same sponsorship application. Medical done. Biometric done. Applied in April 2022.

Thanks in Advance

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
To give you an example, we applied beginning of October 2021. We just received it a few weeks ago so that would have been around 7 months.

Jadm1986

Apr 22, 2022
Hi

Anybody has any idea on the time frame of receiving open work permit for spouse.

Spouse is in Canada.

Applied for Spousal sponsorship ( inLand ). Also applied for an open work permit in the same sponsorship application. Medical done. Biometric done. Applied in April 2022.

Thanks in Advance
Hi ccnaik,

I'm in the process of applying for inland spousal sponsorship (Quebec) and wondering if you could advise on the following:

My wife had given her biometrics previously, in 2018, when she applied for a visitor visa.
While checking the website (https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp), it says no need for biometrics again.

Do we still have to pay and redo biometrics?
Did you complete both applications online (Sponsorship and OWP) and in what order?

Thank you for your help and good luck to you!

ccnnaik

Apr 11, 2017
Do we still have to pay and redo biometrics? No. She had biometric done before. So NO, don't pay. The tool will tell you if needed or not.
Did you complete both applications online (Sponsorship and OWP) and in what order? Spousal sponsorship was paper based. I applied for OWP in the same paper based application