+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time for approval after phone interview

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Hello fellow applicants,

I have applied for an online student visa on March 26th and submitted all necessary docs. I have received a request to provide my biometric which I did on April 5th. I have received a phone call from the embassy on 26 April and was asked the sort of questions a student gets asked for a study permit. The status of both the interview and biometric was updated almost instantly. My question is, how long does it take on average to get the final decision after the interview. I know that it's a case-by-case thing but I would still love to hear from those who had a similar experience. I am applying from Turkey for Sept intake and the website says it takes 32 days to process study permit applications.

Last edited:

ankitnimesh

Star Member
May 20, 2018
It has been more than 6 weeks now and haven't heard back yet! Any thoughts?? Anyone??
I would say check again on their website about visa processing time for your country. If the time is still 32 days then you should contact them, if the time has increased and is around 40 days then wait one more week and then contact them.

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
I would say check again on their website about visa processing time for your country. If the time is still 32 days then you should contact them, if the time has increased and is around 40 days then wait one more week and then contact them.
Thanks for the advice but actually the processing time for in the country from which I applied was about 6 weeks at the time of the submission. The estimated time kept on changing frequently and dropped to 23 days in May so I am sure I have surpassed that period. I am still not sure if the fact that I am a foreigner in Turkey could play a role in this particular case and prolong the processing time thou again the interview was made about a month ago. What do you think?

Last edited:

swissbobo

Mar 8, 2018
Hi how are you i just read your post and wanted to reply because am also applying from Turkey.

what is the result of your application?

Reactions: Adamdear

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Hi how are you i just read your post and wanted to reply because am also applying from Turkey.

I still haven't heard back from them yet. I will keep you posted tho!

I haven't heard back from them yet. Will keep you posted tho! Let me know if you would like to exchange numbers to discuss anything pertaining the submitted documents, the developments and results of our applications. For days I thought I am the only one applying from Turkey :)