wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So... from what I understand, the visa officer at the port of entry will stamp the visitors passport with the amount of time he sees fit for the person to stay. What plays into his decision on time given? He cannot be more informed of the situation then the IO that actually issued the TRV, can he? Is 6 months regularly given unless unusual circumstances are involved? If the visitors return ticket is in 2 weeks, will this influence the IO's decision?

Sorry for all the questions... I'm starting to think I should just move to my wifes country and put an end to the madness of immigration.

Thanks in advance!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
wilder1047 said:
So... from what I understand, the visa officer at the port of entry will stamp the visitors passport with the amount of time he sees fit for the person to stay. What plays into his decision on time given? He cannot be more informed of the situation then the IO that actually issued the TRV, can he? Is 6 months regularly given unless unusual circumstances are involved? If the visitors return ticket is in 2 weeks, will this influence the IO's decision?

Sorry for all the questions... I'm starting to think I should just move to my wifes country and put an end to the madness of immigration.

Thanks in advance!!
Normally, 6 months is given (just the date of arrival is stamped on the passport). If there is another date written, then that date caps the allowed visit. I don't think the POE officer even asked to look at my return ticket.