+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time between Decision Made and Oath Letter

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Hey guys,
Thanks as always to everyone here. Just curious: once someone gets Decision Made, does that mean they already sent the Oath Letter invitation? How long does it take? Just preparing hopefully for my turn soon. Cheers.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
No. It depends on your local office how long it will take. Some say two months. Others are waiting five months or more after DM and still haven't had the oath. Who knows?

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Mine took 6 weeks after DM to receive the oath letter, don't worry you will receive it sooner or later jusy be patient

IRO

May 14, 2015
medielmawla said:
Mine took 6 weeks after DM to receive the oath letter, don't worry you will receive it sooner or later jusy be patient
Where's your local office??

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
medielmawla said:
Hi medielmawla,
Thank you- yes I'm starting to get worried. I did my test in Mississauga on the 30th of Nov. I passed and did well in the interview- the officer said I should expect to get the oath letter, but it's been 2.5 weeks. I got my DM last Saturday (12th of Dec). Do you know why it took 6 weeks? Did they ask you for more information? How did the interview go?

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
My interview went well he checked my passport and the stamps and the original documents, asked me about my work and address after he said everything is ok and you should receive your oath letter between 4 to 11 weeks after 2 days status changed to DM and i received my oath letter after 6 weeks.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi Lux
I'm also Mississauga. Applied June 2013. I got DM on my ecas since early Nov. Now 5 weeks and patiently waiting. The CIC website says they plan to clear 90% of backlog by March 2016 so I think worst case, we should get our oath dates by then. Season's greetings and cheers.

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Hello medielmawla and Almost Canadian,

Good news I got my oath notice today for the 5th of Jan, which happens to be my birthday too! Thank you both and Almost I certainly hope you will finalise everything by March.