+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time before admissable for entry to Canada

viga

Apr 17, 2009
Can you please tell me how long before a person can enter Canada once they are convicted with a misdemeanor charge? Also are there anything else that is needed to done to speed things up.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

viga said:
Can you please tell me how long before a person can enter Canada once they are convicted with a misdemeanor charge? Also are there anything else that is needed to done to speed things up.
It depends what the conviction was for. If it equates to an offence that you could have received less than 10 years on indictment under the Criminal Code, 5 years after the completion of the sentence you can apply for rehab. If it was an offence that is only proceeded summarily in Canada, then with one you are not inadmissible. Example. DUI makes you inadmissible and you can't apply for rehab until 5 years have passed. If you have an extremely good reason why you need to enter Canada, you can apply for a TRP (Temporary Residence Permit)

see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5312E.PDF

PMM

ebsta

Apr 25, 2009
If you have an extremely good reason why you need to enter Canada, you can apply for a TRP (Temporary Residence Permit)

Extremely good reason?now i cant see that quote on the cic web site,or do you know better?

and if you do whats a extremely good reason?where would extremely good reasons start?

and have you any qualifications in this field?are you a imigration officer?lawyer?police officer?