+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time after medicals, 3+ months normal?

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Yojimbo,
Good decision by not renewing your contract you are almost there. You can pronounce my name as you like the bottom line is that idea is mostly needed. Keep us posted of further development as you know that we are all learning.
And to you Aroyo your ppr will come shortly i can understand that there is alot of anxiety at this stage. We will all be there.

Oloye

nimi

Sep 27, 2007
Yojimbo said:
Thanks for the support guys. I went ahead and said NO to my re-contracting... cuz you gotta have faith-ah, faith-ah, faith-aaahhh.

On that support note, talk about a humbling read... that "DECISION MADE" post made my anxiousness of seeing some sign of life on my e-cas vanish, dissapear, gone...

Truth be told, my case is going pretty fast. My application started processing August last year and they asked for my medicals in May. I was only able to go to the hospital in July, results sent in August. The contrat of speed is what is throwing me off.

DECISION MADE... talk about making 99% of the people on this forum more nervous... Bob: "Good morning Bill, your application has been processing a while now, they should have MADE a DECISION by now..." Bill: "NNNNNOOOOOooooooo... No disassemble!, NO DISASSEMBLE!" <---(joke from old movie)

By the way, Oloye, is there a way to pronounce your name? O-lo-ye / oo-loo-yi / o-lo-ee.
I like the gotta have faith issue you talked about and I know it will work for you. I promise that very soon, sooner than u expect u will share the good news with us all here.

I will you all the best. This Immigration thing has to do with plenty of guts and faith in God too. It is one thing to make the points, it's another thing to pass the police check, it's one thing here & there ............u'll know.
But however, at the end of the day by God's special grace, it will be worth it.

I also think the time it takes for passport requests also has to do with the officer handling one's case.
In short each person's case is peculiar. But however,Yojimbo, your goodnews is around the corner.

ALL THE BEST!

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
you know, this forum thing is great. I now look forward to reading everybody's problems in here instead of worrying about my papers coming... I mean, it's a good distraction while waiting...

I wonder if there's anyone else in the "3+ months after medicals" boat... what do you think aroyo, are we the only ones in this sea of waiting? It just occured to me: sooner or later, it will just be one...

aroyo

Oct 1, 2007
I am now just one week away from the 3 months. It seems that only you and I are in this boat. Now, we should decide who's the captain

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
captain? I see this situation more like a old raft at open sea, hopefully we'll get to shore... and talking about shore, I will call my embassy today to ask if they have received my documents. Well that will be the excuse to call them and ask about my case. I think it's a fair question - or so I have convinced myself.

... let's see what's the use of calling...

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Well, it seems that for the embassy the 1 hour a day that they serve the public by phone means changing pre-recorded message, again with no way to access a human. It was impossible to speak to anybody.

But in the maze of pre-recorded options there was one that said that the rules of CIC do not permit agents to give any information about processing cases over the phone. To inquire you apparently have to do it by mail or fax.

I was expecting something like that...

hedieh

May 23, 2007
Sydney
Hi,my sister got her visa 10 months after medical at 2001.
she is a canadian citizen now.
I'm new in this forum and just reading what other ppl say.
my application for PR is very complicated but briefly we applied aug 2005 from Sydney.

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Good to know :)
I got my fair dose of people telling me that it's normal... I'll post something as soon as I get anything from them :)
thx

julietta

Dec 3, 2007
hey, i am waiting just as patiently as you. Did my medical in July and still waiting to hear from them. My friend did my medical in September and has already been give a PPR

kollyman

Apr 28, 2008
I applied for the permanent residence at Buffalo on Sept 2006.
I was asked to write IELTS in August 2007.
I did the Medical test January 2008 with the police clearance.
I have not heard anything from them and I tried an enquiry, the told me that my application is in process and would not tell me when it will be finalized.They acknowledged the receipt of medical results.

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get the case finalized after receipt of medical test results?

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
aroyo said:
I am now just one week away from the 3 months. It seems that only you and I are in this boat. Now, we should decide who's the captain
No this is not true. I am also in the same boat, probably getting there. My medical was done on 8th Feb, doctor submitted medical results on 18th Feb. Additional documents were also asked from me. I submitted those documents on 5th March. I haven't heard anything since then from the CIC office. My case is filed from Buffalo office.

GOOD LUCK everyone.

kollyman

Apr 28, 2008
Hi Bluff Master,

I am happy that we share a common situation for the immigation application at buffalo. I do not know why it is taking so long for the case to be finalized after the medical test. I am sure we shall hear a good news soon.