+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time after Interview

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
I am currently in Canada sponsoring my husband. The embassy in Lebanon called to set up an interview for my husband after everyting was sent in. We have done everything including the medical, police clearance and sent in tuns of pics from our wedding.. The only thing they asked to see at the interview was his passport, our original marriage cert and for me to pay the money for the visa which is all ready and done now.. I have also had our local MP's office send in doctor's notes saying that i suffer from temporary depression and that my mom is going in for a serious operation on the 13th of December and also stating that the situation is not good in Lebanon. Does anyone have any idea what to expect tomorrow out of the interview or how long it could take for them to approve him with all this information they have. Thanks for the help.

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
Hi there,
I sponsored my husb from Sri Lanka 3 yrs ago. They just ask questions in the interview to find out if what you mentioned in the application is correct..like..how did u meet your spouse??..how often do you communicate...wedding info etc...nothing to worry...they won't ask anything that is not relavant.They just want to make sure that your application is genuine.The doctor's note u have sent should also do some help and get the visa soon. As far as I know it shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks for them to issue the visa after the interview..good luck :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

brin said:
Hi there,
I sponsored my husb from Sri Lanka 3 yrs ago. They just ask questions in the interview to find out if what you mentioned in the application is correct..like..how did u meet your spouse??..how often do you communicate...wedding info etc...nothing to worry...they won't ask anything that is not relavant.They just want to make sure that your application is genuine.The doctor's note u have sent should also do some help and get the visa soon. As far as I know it shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks for them to issue the visa after the interview..good luck :)
Interesting you are applying for a study permit in another post, after being refused a visitor visa?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pls-helpneed-advise-on-student-visa-t6579.0.html

PMM

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hey there..thank you so much for sharing your information with me..I really hope they grant him his visa soon.. It seems like its been forever..If anyone else has more information please let me know.

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
No prob..keep me posted as to what happened with the interview. to PMM..abt my q on student visa..this actually for a friend of mine who is trying to come..she is so much anxious as she doesn't know what the out come is gonna be..so.thought I'll write abt he scenario and see if I can get any answers...!! I see u answering people q's..it would be nice if u can give me some idea..thnks..