+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ties to Hometown

May 7, 2014
Hi there people,

Before I apply for my visa as a tourist, I'd like to make sure a couple things.

First of all, I'm planning a 3 week visit. I booked a hotel for 2 weeks, would it be okay to state that I'd look for another place the last week, just incase I do not like the already booked one? Or should I book it for 3 weeks?

Secondly, I own a house and a car in my hometown. I also have military papers (I'll need to join the army at a later time when I return). Would these be enough to satisfy the officer that I'll return after my visit?

Third and last, I do not have a travel history. I'm 20 years old. Is this important?

Please help.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I was the visa officer:

1. I would want to know why you are going to Canada, a generic tourism statement isn't enough - why Canada?, Why now? Where are you going? Why here?

2. I'd then move on to who is funding the trip. Why spend thousands of dollars to travel and stay in Canada at the age of 20? If someone in Canada is paying why are they doing this and what relation are they to you? Also what is the source of this funding? Is it work, savings and are the financial proof documents bonafide.

3. In addition its unusual for a 20 year old to be a home owner - is this a mortgage? Do you work?

4. In regards to the military I would be thinking is this a potential deserter who will claim asylum upon entry into Canada? Add in does your country of nationality generate significant levels of asylum claims across not just Canada but the G8?

It doesn't look good IMHO but hey you have nothing to lose.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You already have one TRV refusal from June this year - right?

May 7, 2014
Msafiri said:
1. I would want to know why you are going to Canada, a generic tourism statement isn't enough - why Canada?, Why now? Where are you going? Why here?
Mostly sight-seeing, museums, whatever that'd interest a tourist.

Msafiri said:
2. I'd then move on to who is funding the trip. Why spend thousands of dollars to travel and stay in Canada at the age of 20? If someone in Canada is paying why are they doing this and what relation are they to you? Also what is the source of this funding? Is it work, savings and are the financial proof documents bonafide.
3. In addition its unusual for a 20 year old to be a home owner - is this a mortgage? Do you work?
Great point. My family is supporting me, we sold our house and divided the cost. That's how I own a house of my own. The rest is in savings.

Msafiri said:
4. In regards to the military I would be thinking is this a potential deserter who will claim asylum upon entry into Canada? Add in does your country of nationality generate significant levels of asylum claims across not just Canada but the G8?
I understand, I guess it's a bad idea to show it up.

scylla said:
You already have one TRV refusal from June this year - right?
Yes sir, I was refused by my own mistake for not showing enough. It was my first experience.

M

mikeymyke

I would suggest your purpose of visit, you should say more than just sight seeing. Give detailed answers. Show what you will be doing, where you will be going, what hotels you will stay in, on all the days you plan to be in Canada.

ex) Dec 1 - Will go to XXXXX, will stay at XXXXXXXX, will go see XXXXXXXXX by taking train to ABC Station.
Dec 2 - Will return to XXXXXX, will go check out XXXXXXXXXX

etc

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GenericUsername3 said:
Mostly sight-seeing, museums, whatever that'd interest a tourist.

Great point. My family is supporting me, we sold our house and divided the cost. That's how I own a house of my own. The rest is in savings.

I understand, I guess it's a bad idea to show it up.

Yes sir, I was refused by my own mistake for not showing enough. It was my first experience.
1. Vague answer and doesn't help you at all as it has no specifics...for example if you were going to New York what do you think you would want to see - Statue of Liberty, Empire State building, The Bronx Zoo etc etc. I'm not the visa officer and already your story is falling apart.

2. So you sold the house but own it by way of a share of savings? This doesn't make sense. In any case you can get the money wired to you in Canada. Also this family support can dry up or be withheld.

3. Doesn't matter - its on the template the visa post has for visa applications for male citizens of age x-y where the country has mandatory military service. The visa post see your cases every day.

4. A previous refusal doesn't help.

Quick query if I may. How much in total Canadian Currency (or US if easier to convert for you) is your proposed trip going to cost you. Flights, accommodation, sight seeing etc. In your budget remember Canadian costs can be multiple times your home country. Compare this with your savings. If the ratio isn't significantly in your favor why the outlay. Sorry to say but ultimately it comes down to ties in your country.....you are young, unemployed, single with no obviously discernible reason to compel you to return home at the end of your visit. Try again its only the application fee you will lose right?

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Your story doesnt make sense. I am afraid it will be a refusal again.
Officer will not be interested in knowing that you own a house or car. Owning a house or car will not pay for your travel.
Red flags:
no travel history, and going to canada for tourism??!
you dont work, how can you afford a trip?? savings is not a good word here!!

in my opinion:
Complete your studies
Get a job
Once you have job, start saving money for your trip.
Once you have x3 of what is needed for a trip.
apply for tourism and show that i will spend 1/3 of my saving to visit canada and get back to my job once visit is finish.

Good luck

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Your story doesnt make sense. I am afraid it will be a refusal again.
Officer will not be interested in knowing that you own a house or car. Owning a house or car will not pay for your travel.
Red flags:
no travel history, and going to canada for tourism??!
you dont work, how can you afford a trip?? savings is not a good word here!!

in my opinion:
Complete your studies
Get a job
Once you have job, start saving money for your trip.
Once you have x3 of what is needed for a trip.
apply for tourism and show that i will spend 1/3 of my saving to visit canada and get back to my job once visit is finish.

Good luck
You realize this thread is 10 years old :)