+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ties to home country

Apr 7, 2018
Hi,

I have submitted a super visa application(paper) for my mother at the visa application center here in Mumbai.
After submitting, I read that we need to convince the visa officer and prove my mother's connection to India.
My brother is a Canadian P R and works as a staff pharmacist at Walmart. He earns a very good salary which is way beyond the required LICO. We have submitted all his documents like T4, employment letter,bank statements, Invitation letter, medical insurance etc.

The only thing that concerns me is that we have not submitted any document to prove her ties to the home country.The situation is that she is a widow and does not work anywhere.Also, she does not hold any property in her name.The only thing which I think can work here is that we have two ancestral properties in Mumbai which are under litigation and those court papers(notice of motion) have my father's name on it. She attends the court hearings whenever they are scheduled as successor of my father.So, can this be shown as her connection to India in her visa application?

If this can work I will add this documents to her application.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

The only thing that concerns me is that we have not submitted any document to prove her ties to the home country.The situation is that she is a widow and does not work anywhere.Also, she does not hold any property in her name.The only thing which I think can work here is that we have two ancestral properties in Mumbai which are under litigation and those court papers(notice of motion) have my father's name on it. She attends the court hearings whenever they are scheduled as successor of my father.So, can this be shown as her connection to India in her visa application?

If this can work I will add this documents to her application.
The visa office may/may not accept additional documents after the application has been submitted. Nonetheless, you can submit these documents through a CSE and email.

Your mom has applied for a super visa that allows a stay of up to 2 years on initial entry + court proceedings won't wait for 2 years until she returns to India.

IMO, this point will not work as a tie. It will work for a TRV.

It might work if your mom is likely to inherit those properties directly (the Laws of Inheritance or Succession depend on a number of factors) + if she needs to return to register those properties in her name. Of course, this also depends on the stage at which the litigation is presently