+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
I see people talking about CAIPS notes all the time these days. What are they exactly?

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
alasken said:
I see people talking about CAIPS notes all the time these days. What are they exactly?
CAIPS is an acronym for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System.

It is part of the Electronic Data Processing (EDP) system used by the Canadian Immigration offices to process visa applications. EDP systems are those used to gather or update the information needed for the operational support of immigration programs. From an applicants point of view, the two useful systems are CAIPS and FOSS.

CAIPS is an automated system for application processing outside Canada. Information is entered in the system from application forms and supporting documentation submitted by applicants for immigrant and visitor visas, returning residence permits and student and employment authorizations.

FOSS is the main operational support for Immigration operation in Canada.

Your CAIPS file will have valuable information on the processing of your Canadian permanent residence application. CAIPS is NOT same as the "e-Client", which only provides limited information on the status of your application.

The CAIPS file that you receive from Ottawa, Canada will be a computer printout. The printout will have the details of the points calculations, immigration officer's notes, program assistant's notes, details of the processing stages passed, etc.

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All!

I have just done my draft of my application to apply for permanent residency and have a couple of questions about the new generic application form, I wonder if anyone can help?

Just to summarise my position - I and my canadian husband live in England and we are applying for him to sponsor me so we can go live happily ever after in the mountains :)

1) Does anyone know what the "Certificat de Selection du Quebec" is? Is it necessary for my application, and if so how do I go about getting it?

2) What is a National Identity Card? In the document checklist it says to provide this - would it be my National Insurance number card?

3) My husband is sponsoring me - does he need to complete the Schedule A Background Declaration form and the Additional Family Information form?
It does state the spouse must complete a copy - but if he is sponsoring, does he need to?

I do hope you lovely people are able to help, this site is proving to be such a great resource!

Thanks in advance ;D

Anna

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
AnnaMcG said:
Hi All!

I have just done my draft of my application to apply for permanent residency and have a couple of questions about the new generic application form, I wonder if anyone can help?

Just to summarise my position - I and my canadian husband live in England and we are applying for him to sponsor me so we can go live happily ever after in the mountains :)

1) Does anyone know what the "Certificat de Selection du Quebec" is? Is it necessary for my application, and if so how do I go about getting it?

2) What is a National Identity Card? In the document checklist it says to provide this - would it be my National Insurance number card?

3) My husband is sponsoring me - does he need to complete the Schedule A Background Declaration form and the Additional Family Information form?
It does state the spouse must complete a copy - but if he is sponsoring, does he need to?

I do hope you lovely people are able to help, this site is proving to be such a great resource!

Thanks in advance ;D

Anna
1. That's only for applying for Quebec.

2. We were confused about that as well so had to phone up and ask. Some countries issue National Identification Card. If you have one include it.

3. Additional Family Information is for you (sponsored person) only. Schedule A is for sponsored person only. This checklist gives you a pretty good overview which forms are needed for which person - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - great thanks Tawcan! Most useful link :)

I had a question about the relationship questions too - it says "did you have a formal ceremony to celebrate the engagement?"

We obviously had one for the wedding but for the engagement we went out for dinner with the family at a restaraunt - would that count as "formal ceremony"? Sorry to ask about such little things!

Thanks again for your help :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
AnnaMcG said:

I had a question about the relationship questions too - it says "did you have a formal ceremony to celebrate the engagement?"

We obviously had one for the wedding but for the engagement we went out for dinner with the family at a restaraunt - would that count as "formal ceremony"? Sorry to ask about such little things!

Thats we we put in ours, we said were we went who was with us and if there were any gifts as well.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey AnnaMc,
For that I answered that we went out for dinner with friends/family to celebrate but there was no formal ceremony since it is not usual custom in the UK.
Hope that helps :)

I also included photocopies of engagement cards as extra evidence.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
We went out on a champagne binge so I sent a couple of piccies of us drunk (very stupid & drunk!) with our buddies.
Even if it didn't help with the IOs decision making it will definitely have made them smile!

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
AnnaMcG said:

I proposed to my wife at her bday party in front of all of our friends. That's what we wrote down on the application and included pictures. I think the formal ceremony is a custom in some other countries.

morning

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Rose of the Shire, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3152 + 3232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2011
Doc's Request.
In Process - 9 August 2011
File Transfer...
19 July 2011
Med's Done....
4 May 2011
Passport Req..
28 September 2011
Hi Pinklady, (not sure if you saw this response)

It does not say anywhere when it reached London. All it says is:

We received your application to sponsor XXXX on June 8, 2011.
We started processing your application on August 9, 2011.
We sent you a letter on July 19, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
and

We received XXXXX application for permanent residence on June 8, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

Am I missing where it could be.
Thanks
Morning!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Just got back from officially landing, got passport late yesterday and hubby drove to border, we just got back :) 24 days from it being signed for in London to getting back here in Canada :)

Very happy but sleepy lol