+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
morning said:
Thanks for that information. Decision made is what threw me.

Morning!
It just means decision made on the sponsorship part of the application.
You will get another decision made later on from london.
Although it says they started processing your application on Aug 9th, thats good news!!

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
I've been worrying a bit about something today. Some of my police certificates and especially my traffic history printout were older than what CIC asks for (3 months if I don't remember incorrectly?). What I wonder is if they don't accept this, will they send the whole application back and I have to start over, or will they just request updated documents and keep the application filed? I've been assuming the latter, but just started thinking how much it would suck if I had to go through the Mississauga sponsorship evaluation and everything all over again if they are strict. Anyone have an idea?

Also, it's sooooo hard to stay away from e-cas. I finally managed to log on for the first time today, and I've checked it like 20 times already!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
alasken said:
My girlfriend was approved as a sponsor on the 17th of August, and now I'm not entirely sure what to expect next. They have forwarded the application to London, but I can't log in to e-cas yet. Does that mean it has not arrived in London? What is the next thing that happens for me? This is what I think is correct:

1. London receives my application and puts the information into e-cas which I will be able to log into. It will say the application is being processed. I will not see any updates in e-cas until "decision made".
2. I get sent the AOR by mail.
3. London makes a decision on my case and I get the PPR.
4. I mail them my passport and they return it to my address in Norway.
5. I fly to Canada and land in Toronto or wherever I choose. There's a little bit of paperwork at the border, but it's basically a formality and once I am in Canada I am officially a permanent resident.

Does that look right?

Regarding no.4, I just entered Canada as a tourist earlier this week so I am allowed to stay here for 6 months. Is there a UK embassy or something here in Canada that I can deliver my passport to instead of mailing it to London, UK?
Also, I'm going home to Norway for christmas. What should I do if I get the PPR in say, late November? I will need my passport for returning to Norway, so I'm thinking my best bet is to not send the passport in until I have returned to Norway? And then wait in Norway until I get it back and am ready to land?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

I just reread the email from CIC where they told my GF she has been approved as a sponsor and I saw the UCI number they included. I tried logging into e-cas and this time it worked (I had been trying to use the payment receipt number previously).
I have 2 items in my e-cas; Permanent Residence status and Sponsorship Application status. The former says "application received" while the latter says "decision made". When I click on the PR status it says "We received XXXXX's application for permanent residence on June 27, 2011". This is the date they received it in Mississauga. Are these the only items that will ever appear in my e-cas or will London add something when they receive it? What should I be looking for in the time going forward? There is no mention of London so far, so I guess I can assume they haven't received it yet?
When London receives your application they will update ecas saying "we received your application to sponsor XXX on XXX" the date given is the AOR. London don't send out AOR's either by mail or email.

When you get the PPR, you mail then the passport, and they return it to you either in Norway or Canada. When you receive PPR you also get an updated info chart to fill out, you can put your current current address on there. I was in canada and mailed my passport from there and had it sent back to me in Canada aswell, no issues. And no, you have to mail it to London, you cannot send to an embassy here. Most people use a courier with tracking to send their passport.

If you're already in Canada when you get the PPR and have your passport sent back here, you can take a trip to the border and flagpole, or go in the USA for the day and return and 'land'. You dont actually have to fly into Canada.

If you get the PPR in late November you should definately wait until you have flown to Norway for christmas before mailing it. It will take around 6 weeks to be returned. You have 45 (or 30, i dont remember) days from the date of the PPR to send your passport in.

Good luck!!

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Also, while I'm on a roll with posting here:

I'm very happy to report that I got another 6 months tourist VISA in Canada this week. My application has been sent to London and the case should be straightforward so I'm hoping it'll be completed before Christmas. I've been living in Canada on tourist VISA since January 2010 (legally as I've travelled abroad and gone home to see my family etc in the meantime), and have been very nervous of getting turned around every time I cross the border so it was a major relief that they let me in again :D I've entered Canada on 9 different occasions (7 since January last year) and have had to enter the separate "immigration line" 4 of those times, and was very much expecting for that to happen this time too. However, it's very hit and miss with the Immigration Officers, and this time the lady didn't even look at my passport stamps so she just found a blank spot and gave me the go-ahead for another 6 months. Hopefully I'm on my last tourist VISA and the next time I arrive it will be to become a landed immigrant!

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
pinklady said:
When London receives your application they will update ecas saying "we received your application to sponsor XXX on XXX" the date given is the AOR. London don't send out AOR's either by mail or email.

When you get the PPR, you mail then the passport, and they return it to you either in Norway or Canada. When you receive PPR you also get an updated info chart to fill out, you can put your current current address on there. I was in canada and mailed my passport from there and had it sent back to me in Canada aswell, no issues. And no, you have to mail it to London, you cannot send to an embassy here. Most people use a courier with tracking to send their passport.

If you're already in Canada when you get the PPR and have your passport sent back here, you can take a trip to the border and flagpole, or go in the USA for the day and return and 'land'. You dont actually have to fly into Canada.

If you get the PPR in late November you should definately wait until you have flown to Norway for christmas before mailing it. It will take around 6 weeks to be returned. You have 45 (or 30, i dont remember) days from the date of the PPR to send your passport in.

Good luck!!

Great, thanks a lot for the information! Do you know if they give tourist VISA extensions easily if you are in Canada and get the PPR? Seems like a pretty valid reason to apply for an extension to me, but I don't know if they prefer that you go back home instead if it is likely that you will not receive the passport before the date of your return ticket?

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
MandyUK said:
You can, but its only on a thursday and between the hours of 2pm and 3pm :) when i get mine (fingers crossed) Im going to go a trip with my daughter do some shopping and drop it in before heading on home. I heard its best to be there for around 1.30pm though as the line up is quite long and they let in those collecting passports before the dropping off.
Aslo you have to go back 2 weeks later to pick it up.
Thanks for the info. :)

morning

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Rose of the Shire, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3152 + 3232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2011
Doc's Request.
In Process - 9 August 2011
File Transfer...
19 July 2011
Med's Done....
4 May 2011
Passport Req..
28 September 2011
Thanks PinkLady, that makes perfect sense.

Could you up-date me on the spreadsheet when you have time.

Morning!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi Everyone,

Some of you have asked me about the Format of a letter for CAIPS letter which needs to be sent along with the Form for Caips:

The format is follows:

To,

Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
360 Laurier Avenue West,
Office NAR B1036
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1

Subject: Permission to obtain information on my file B...............

I hereby authorise my wife ......... who is Canadian Citizen to obtain information of CAIPS and GCMS regarding my application for permanent residence.

I also confirm that I am living in ............ on the following address:

If you required any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at
............... or email me at ....................

Regards,

Hope this is helpful!

Naz

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
alasken said:
Great, thanks a lot for the information! Do you know if they give tourist VISA extensions easily if you are in Canada and get the PPR? Seems like a pretty valid reason to apply for an extension to me, but I don't know if they prefer that you go back home instead if it is likely that you will not receive the passport before the date of your return ticket?
Well since you say you entered Canada and have 6 months from a week ago, that takes you to mid february, and you said you would be returning to Norway for Christmas so you probably won't need to apply.
However yes, I think should you get the PPR and need to apply for a tourist visa extension you are likely to get it - although nothing is guaranteed. Probably though, by the time it is approved, you would've landed. It would mean you were on implied status though.

It sounds to me like this was the last time you needed to be nervous entering Canada ( I sooooo know that feeling, and what a relief not to worry anymore, phew!!)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazam80 said:
Hi Everyone,

Some of you have asked me about the Format of a letter for CAIPS letter which needs to be sent along with the Form for Caips:

The format is follows:

To,

Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
360 Laurier Avenue West,
Office NAR B1036
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1

Subject: Permission to obtain information on my file B...............

...... snip.....
They want people to use this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
morning said:
Thanks PinkLady, that makes perfect sense.

Could you up-date me on the spreadsheet when you have time.

Morning!
Ok, all updated on the spreadsheet. You should also update your own profile on here :)
Also, when you log onto ecas, what date does it say they received your application in London, the AOR?
Thanks!!
Good luck, hope you hear something soon!

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
Was supposed to land this Sunday but with the Storm our friends have decided it's a bad idea to drive down. Everything that can goes wrong does go wrong!

morning

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Rose of the Shire, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3152 + 3232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2011
Doc's Request.
In Process - 9 August 2011
File Transfer...
19 July 2011
Med's Done....
4 May 2011
Passport Req..
28 September 2011
pinklady said:
Ok, all updated on the spreadsheet. You should also update your own profile on here :)
Also, when you log onto ecas, what date does it say they received your application in London, the AOR?
Thanks!!
Good luck, hope you hear something soon!

Hi Pinklady,

It does not say anywhere when it reached London. All it says is:

We received your application to sponsor XXXX on June 8, 2011.
We started processing your application on August 9, 2011.
We sent you a letter on July 19, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
and
We received XXXXX application for permanent residence on June 8, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

Am I missing where it could be.
Thanks
Morning!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Crillz said:
Was supposed to land this Sunday but with the Storm our friends have decided it's a bad idea to drive down. Everything that can goes wrong does go wrong!
Sorry to hear that, where were you going to land?

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
54 days

(working on applications received on June 29, 2011)