+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
hsbalouch said:
Thank you naz and baloo, you both are a great help : )
Hi hsbalouch,

Please let me know if you need any further info as i have went through this process......

Regards,

Naz

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
hsbalouch said:
Congrats Darque, good speedy timeline :eek:

I guess London has chosen me this time to bear the pain of this never ending wait : @ , my daughter is 3 months old already and I am yet to see her, e-mailed CIC-London twice in last 45 days but no reply!!! this is soooooooooo frustrating : @ ,

but I am hanging in there for sure and I must say this forum has helped me bigtime, we have been very patient but I guess its about time to contact MP although we are still pretty much in the time frame, but they should update us atleast that what they are doing with our application!!!

so ridiculous : @
The process we are all going through is hard, the fact some timelines are quicker than ours doesn't make it any easier. We understand your frustration totally as we never had any reply from the emailed specific enquiries. If you look at our timeline, we contacted my husbands MP mid to late July as we didn't know what else to do when London was asking for payment, Mississauga saying payment had been confirmed. We couldn't move on until some clarification was made. Maybe give it a short while longer than request your CAIPS? What have the CIC call centre said?

Hang on in there, it will happen...

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Hi There

I'm so glad I found this site! Please could you add me to the spreadsheet? I'm a Canadian Citizen and am sponsoring my husband - Britsh Citizen. Application went off today to Mississauga. Hopefully a speedy one - we've been married 41 years and have lived all that time in England. We're now retired and going to live the dream with my daughter and son-in-law and granchild - PR's and Canadian Citizen respectively.

Fingers crossed for a straightforward process :)

beetle

Mar 9, 2011
Hi All,

I am waiting and waiting every day for my passport from London VO, really panic whenever the idea of loosing it haunting over my head:mad:
Any of you experienced this waiting stage? I must say it is the worst time to me!
Another problem is I sent my passport on 8 August, during the crisis in London. So far, no news yet. I am not in Britain, otherwise would rather send it in by hand. Cannot do anything now,feel like sitting on a fire!!! :( :( so sad.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Alltogethernow said:
Hi There

I'm so glad I found this site! Please could you add me to the spreadsheet? I'm a Canadian Citizen and am sponsoring my husband - Britsh Citizen. Application went off today to Mississauga. Hopefully a speedy one - we've been married 41 years and have lived all that time in England. We're now retired and going to live the dream with my daughter and son-in-law and granchild - PR's and Canadian Citizen respectively.

Fingers crossed for a straightforward process :)
Hi Alltogethernow, welcome to the forum, they are a lovely bunch on here and everyone tries to help, so if you have any questions fire away, you might find it more useful to post on the August thread, this is for all those that have sent off thir applications in August lol.
here is the link, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/august-2011-applicants-lets-get-the-waiting-game-started-t78342.0.html
I too am in the Uk (staffordshire) and my hubby is in Canada atm (canadian Citizen) ;D

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
beetle said:
Hi All,

I am waiting and waiting every day for my passport from London VO, really panic whenever the idea of loosing it haunting over my head:mad:
Any of you experienced this waiting stage? I must say it is the worst time to me!
Another problem is I sent my passport on 8 August, during the crisis in London. So far, no news yet. I am not in Britain, otherwise would rather send it in by hand. Cannot do anything now,feel like sitting on a fire!!! :( :( so sad.
Hi beetle, i wouldnt worry, Im sure you will see it sometime soon, I have seen posts on here that they take anything from 12 days to 5 weeks, its anyones guess really, but Im sure someone might be able to tell you if there is something you can do :)

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Hi MandyUK - wonderful, thanks so much for the link! Son-in-law is from Staffordshire originally :) I bet you can't wait to get over and start living the Canadian life! I'm in Canada now living with my daughter and family. I can't wait till it's all settled!

Beetle - fingers crossed it'll be with you soon. Although it seems like eternity, it's only been 2 weeks since August 8th - keep the faith and it'll be done soon.

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
beetle said:
Hi All,

My passport was sent on 2 august, if it comes soon then excellent but realistically I know it should be approx 6 wks therefore keeping an open mind. Yes being in a foreign country without it is odd but that's part of this process, if in England I would handed it in and collected it personally :)

Some passports took close to 8 wks, so don't worry, well try not too :) it will come back, it's early days yet to start panicking...

LongTimeComing

Aug 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hey everyone!
Hubby is off to London to go pick up his passport tomorrow. Then flying to Canada in September.

Question for the people who have moved... How did you bring your things to Canada? Since he is only allowed 20kg, and after that it is $20 CAD/1 kg! YIKES! And this is on the Thomas Cook flights.

So hopefully someone out there will have something a bit cheaper. It doesn't matter to much when it arrives in Canada (maybe a month or two). Also I am only talking about 10-15 kg. But still, don't want to pay that much to Thomas Cook.

YIPPEE! Finally after a month of waiting, at the very end it sucks. But I'll have the cleanest house ever! Glad we are finally counting down days until he flies. 15 Days and counting!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
LongTimeComing said:
Hey everyone!
Hubby is off to London to go pick up his passport tomorrow. Then flying to Canada in September.

Question for the people who have moved... How did you bring your things to Canada? Since he is only allowed 20kg, and after that it is $20 CAD/1 kg! YIKES! And this is on the Thomas Cook flights.

So hopefully someone out there will have something a bit cheaper. It doesn't matter to much when it arrives in Canada (maybe a month or two). Also I am only talking about 10-15 kg. But still, don't want to pay that much to Thomas Cook.

YIPPEE! Finally after a month of waiting, at the very end it sucks. Bu
t I'll have the cleanest house ever! Glad we are finally counting down days until he flies. 15 Days and counting!
Great news about the passport :)

I posted some things over in advance. Flew over with Air France and was allowed two bags, one under 24kg and the other under 20kg - only carried laptop as hand luggage but was allowed up to 10kg. I paid extra for the extra weight as thought it well worth it.

Everything else from my house and personal belongings is in storage awaiting my visa in passport then it can start it's journey. Coming over in the winter with only a few clothes was hard but it's all part of the process that we are part off :)

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
LongTimeComing said:
Hey everyone!

YIPPEE! Finally after a month of waiting, at the very end it sucks. But I'll have the cleanest house ever! Glad we are finally counting down days until he flies. 15 Days and counting!
Don't know how much stuff you have but have you tried Mail Boxes Etc... I've been making inquiries with them for our belongings...The more you send the cheaper it gets... http://www.mbe.co.uk/pack_ship/ Def cheaper than $20 CAD/1kg, that's for sure!

PS great news about the passport :)

LongTimeComing

Aug 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Thank you! We are excited about getting the passport back as well.

lnl - how are you shipping it to Canada?

I just think that people on here must have already figured out the cheapest way to bring it over, since we are not the first.
He doesn't have much, just books, clothes, stuff like that. But we think it will be over 20kg. And he has darn big feet. Those shoes take up a lot of room!

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Quick question when the London Office requests the passport how long does it take before the passport is returned? Can you show up to the office and drop off & pick up the passport in person?

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
LongTimeComing said:
Thank you! We are excited about getting the passport back as well.

lnl - how are you shipping it to Canada?

I just think that people on here must have already figured out the cheapest way to bring it over, since we are not the first.
He doesn't have much, just books, clothes, stuff like that. But we think it will be over 20kg. And he has darn big feet. Those shoes take up a lot of room!
I sold my house, it sold within a week so I had rather a lot, a relocation company came and packed it up and stored it for me ...phew lol, I visited here with extreme basics in clothes, bought a few things but everything is still being stored ready for shipping when passport gets back :)