+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
OH AND I GOT MY PASSPORT BACK TODAY YEYYYYYY. RECEIVED AND SIGNED FOR IN LONDON JUNE 29TH BACK IN MY HANDS HERE IN CANADA 19TH JULY. LONDON ARE MOVING :D:D:D

morning

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Rose of the Shire, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3152 + 3232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2011
Doc's Request.
In Process - 9 August 2011
File Transfer...
19 July 2011
Med's Done....
4 May 2011
Passport Req..
28 September 2011
kelly. said:
If you havnt already you should hear back from Missassauga first via letter saying whether you've been accepted as a sponsor or not. They then courier the applications from Missassauga to London so it isnt in regular post. The next thing you will hear from CICLondon directly, will be a passport request or an additional information request which you will get when they have/are processing it. They are suppost to update ECAS when it's been received, when it's being processed, and when the decision has been made, but I've heared cases of people going through the whole process without ecas ever being updated. This is the link to try anyway http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp

If your concerned of the whereabouts I would contact them directly though, theres callcentre number and a case specific email address on the website. I had to contact them about mine during it's transitition from Missassauga to London and the call centre were able to tell me that it had arrived.

Thanks Kelly,

That is great advice. We are in Ontario for a week so hopefully on our return to Alberta we shall have a letter.
I will also call them.

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
kelly. said:
OH AND I GOT MY PASSPORT BACK TODAY YEYYYYYY. RECEIVED AND SIGNED FOR IN LONDON JUNE 29TH BACK IN MY HANDS HERE IN CANADA 19TH JULY. LONDON ARE MOVING :D:D:D
That's great Kelly :) but London are very not moving us at all, although paid our RPRF April 26, faxed off receipt, emailed blah blah, they still emailed last week and said had not got payment, so faxed off to London again, call centre even said not sure what's going on as they have on the system as paid and London informed on June 2, meeting with MP today...hoping for some news soon....

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
kelly. said:
YEY amazing!! How fast was that!!!!!! Congrats! Its almost over, now go and get landed!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
lnl said:
That's great Kelly :) but London are very not moving us at all, although paid our RPRF April 26, faxed off receipt, emailed blah blah, they still emailed last week and said had not got payment, so faxed off to London again, call centre even said not sure what's going on as they have on the system as paid and London informed on June 2, meeting with MP today...hoping for some news soon....
I really hope you get some good news. Everytime I see you have posted, I am hoping its because you got your PPR.

Thinking of you!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Thanks pink lady. The visit to the local MP went good, said we should here something back from them by tomorrow and couldn't understand why London are saying they haven't had payment yet when it's been confirmed we paid 26 april, oh well, let's just see how it goes...

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Its getting kind of ridiculous now.
Sending good luck vibes :)

markandtammy

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2011
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2011
LANDED..........
07-20-2011
kelly. said:
haha same. Small world eh!
No way yes it is a small world!! Update for you!! We called the cic center on Monday to set up a appt. for landing here at the nanaimo office they called us Tuesday from Nanaimo and We had appt at 10 am this morning and i did my landing!!! Took about 20 min!! So i am now a legal PR!!! Went next door and got the SIN.. Tryed to get the drivers license but they say have to wait for the card! It was so easy and the nanaimo Immigration office were awesome to deal with!! Congrats on getting your Passport back! We have heard that if you pop into the office on a thursday with out having a appt they will do your paper work if they have time! Good Luck

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
markandtammy said:
No way yes it is a small world!! Update for you!! We called the cic center on Monday to set up a appt. for landing here at the nanaimo office they called us Tuesday from Nanaimo and We had appt at 10 am this morning and i did my landing!!! Took about 20 min!! So i am now a legal PR!!! Went next door and got the SIN.. Tryed to get the drivers license but they say have to wait for the card! It was so easy and the nanaimo Immigration office were awesome to deal with!! Congrats on getting your Passport back! We have heard that if you pop into the office on a thursday with out having a appt they will do your paper work if they have time! Good Luck
You can land in Nanaimo? I didnt know that? Do you know what the building is called or the telephone number? Or do you just ring the callcentre.

pinklady said:
YEY amazing!! How fast was that!!!!!! Congrats! Its almost over, now go and get landed!!
I know super fast eh!

Morning - No problem, hope it works out ok for you.

LNL - my heart goes out to you. I cant imagine how frustrating this must be for you. Hopefully they get their ass' into gear and sort this mess out. I shall be waiting to hear of you PPR!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelly. said:
You can land in Nanaimo? I didnt know that? Do you know what the building is called or the telephone number? Or do you just ring the callcentre.
You can land at quite a lot of inland offices if you want.
I believe that you book the appointment with the CIC call centre.

markandtammy

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2011
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2011
LANDED..........
07-20-2011
kelly. said:

I know super fast eh!

Morning - No problem, hope it works out ok for you.

LNL - my heart goes out to you. I cant imagine how frustrating this must be for you. Hopefully they get their ass' into gear and sort this mess out. I shall be waiting to hear of you PPR!
Yes you can land at the nanaimo office its located right down town next to the goverment office for service canada. Call cic to set up a app they will take your info and then tell you that someone from the nanaimo office will contact you. However the NANAIMO office is open to the public on THURSDAY ONLY from 10-12 and 1-3 you can show up there and see if they have time to land you that is what they told us. It was so quick!!! :)

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
kelly. said:
Thanks Kelly, we met with mp yesterday, a senior immigration official confirmed payment was made in april to the mp, mp then contacted london and he said they have 24 hrs and they legally have to reply as official enquiries are logged. He can't understand why we haven't got the PPR but the delay is with London. One thing the senior official did say was the systems had been updated and our file had been caught up in it - might be true might just be giving an excuse, but either way the mp said if he doesn't get the file moving he'll chase it every step of the way.

So hoping for further news from him at some point today...

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Please let us know when you hear something.

matti

Jan 7, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
18-04-2011
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
22-01-2011
Interview........
04-08-2011
Passport Req..
04-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hi everyone,

I am using my husband's ID here.

I think I may have screwed up the processing of our case. Since we applied for sponsorship, I got admitted to University of Toronto with my start date set on September 1st and I meet a deadline in mid August for finalizing my registration. Then, I took the courage of emailing the embassy and asking whether they can expedite my process, since two months had passed since they received our documents and they have already started processing other cases with similar dates.

They replied within 12 hours, advising of a requirement of interview for us in Stockholm!

Anyone knows what happened? Did we do something wrong? We are not sure anymore whether we should further proof ourselves or not?!

Thanks,

BM

PS: ECas still shows our status as "Received" and not "In Process".

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hmmm its hard to know really. It could be that they were planning to interview you anyway and by emailing you the interview request they are expediting your processing.
You will just have to attend the interview in stockholm. Did they give you a date for the interview?

P.S. Don't rely on what ecas says.