+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Yep, time definitely speeds up the older you get!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Yep, time definitely speeds up the older you get!
I was thinking more along the lines of...
you will be busy and time will pass quickly ;D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Baloo said:
I was thinking more along the lines of...
you will be busy and time will pass quickly ;D
That too of course :)

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
if it's not one thing to worry about, it's something else, huh ? lol
I was a landed immigrant myself, now citizen, sponsoring my husband to move here. I applied for it as soon as I was eligible and it took about 10 months from the day I submitted the application till the day I was sworn in as a citizen. Only thing I found a bit wierd (and still continue to) was swearing allegience to the Queen...

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Haha I find that weird aswell. And the Queen is on the monday too. You would think being British citizens we would just be allowed to move here without any of this immigrating rigmarole!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Haha I find that weird aswell. And the Queen is on the monday too. You would think being British citizens we would just be allowed to move here without any of this immigrating rigmarole!
Hmm, a hot button issue that I will not touch (as my wife is from Quebec) :)

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
pinklady said:
My husband is Irish and not a big fan of the monarchy(although his mother is English) and he always gets a bit riled up whenever I tell him he'll one day have to swear allegience to the Queen, lol.

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
I'm Irish and that really annoys me about the citizenship! Maybe I can cross my fingers behind my back or something haha

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
the things one does for love, huh?

AndreUK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 July 2011
File Transfer...
15 September 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
Passport Req..
17 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 2011
LANDED..........
21 December 2011
When I became British by naturalisation I had to do that... but we were given the option to either "swear" or "affirm" an oath of allegiance to the Queen.
It was really weird, but I tell ya, in the moment they make you feel so patriotic that you don't mind so much.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
Congratulations Crillz!! :D

I'm glad to hear all went well for you as my husband & I are going through the same experience you seem to have had.

Crillz said:
"We usually receive our visa office copy of the approval from the Quebec Government MICC. To date on your application, we have not received Quebec Immigration Approval, if you have received, the CSQ/Engagement, please forward us a copy of these documents."
We got the exact same email from London at the beginning of July saying they hadn't received a copy of our CSQ. We called MICC last week who confirmed it had been approved on 11 July and that they had informed/sent a copy to London via email. Yesterday we got another email from London confirming receipt:

Please be advised that the CSQ has been received by our office.
We will soon be in contact with further instructions.
Yours sincerely,
ACD

I'm now hoping that like you our PPR will soon follow! So excited! :p

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Finally got sponsorship approval today and my file is being forwarded to the London Office. :)

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
Darque said:
Congratulations Crillz!! :D

I'm glad to hear all went well for you as my husband & I are going through the same experience you seem to have had.

We got the exact same email from London at the beginning of July saying they hadn't received a copy of our CSQ. We called MICC last week who confirmed it had been approved on 11 July and that they had informed/sent a copy to London via email. Yesterday we got another email from London confirming receipt:

Please be advised that the CSQ has been received by our office.
We will soon be in contact with further instructions.
Yours sincerely,
ACD

I'm now hoping that like you our PPR will soon follow! So excited! :p
I hope it is as fast for you too! I was surprised how quickly they approved once Quebec sent them the CSQ electronically! We still haven't actually received the CSQ ourselves!

I just sent my passport to London with UPS! $70 :eek: and it will be there by Thursday! Hopefully that is the end of spending money on visa things!

morning

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Rose of the Shire, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3152 + 3232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2011
Doc's Request.
In Process - 9 August 2011
File Transfer...
19 July 2011
Med's Done....
4 May 2011
Passport Req..
28 September 2011
Hi All,

Can I grab some more advice please.........

We sent our stuff to Mississauga 6/6/11 was supposed to arrive on the 8th, it did arrive at the postal depot but then no trace of it. Due to postal problems they have either lost or delivered our stuff but they cannot trace it for us. (even though it was sent recorded/signed for)

When CIC Mississagua send the documents to London how do they respond? We are waiting to see if they do as that will be our only way to know they got our forms.
Will they contact me in the UK or my husband in Alberta?

All advice very welcome.

Thanks
Morning!

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
morning said:
Hi All,

Can I grab some more advice please.........

We sent our stuff to Mississauga 6/6/11 was supposed to arrive on the 8th, it did arrive at the postal depot but then no trace of it. Due to postal problems they have either lost or delivered our stuff but they cannot trace it for us. (even though it was sent recorded/signed for)

When CIC Mississagua send the documents to London how do they respond? We are waiting to see if they do as that will be our only way to know they got our forms.
Will they contact me in the UK or my husband in Alberta?

All advice very welcome.

Thanks
Morning!

If you havnt already you should hear back from Missassauga first via letter saying whether you've been accepted as a sponsor or not. They then courier the applications from Missassauga to London so it isnt in regular post. The next thing you will hear from CICLondon directly, will be a passport request or an additional information request which you will get when they have/are processing it. They are suppost to update ECAS when it's been received, when it's being processed, and when the decision has been made, but I've heared cases of people going through the whole process without ecas ever being updated. This is the link to try anyway http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp

If your concerned of the whereabouts I would contact them directly though, theres callcentre number and a case specific email address on the website. I had to contact them about mine during it's transitition from Missassauga to London and the call centre were able to tell me that it had arrived.

When I called them, it was also before I'd received the letter that confirmed my partners eligibility to sponsor me so they might be able to tell you now as they could with us :)
I had to ring them because we received a WHOLE other couples application in the mail from Missassauga, addressed to us...confidential details, photographs, the lot. As you can imagine, I was instantly wondering if our whole application had fallen into the wrong hands too. What I panic I was in! That was a bad day haha